Hampshire Roe buck

Daft Dog

Went foxing this evening, nailed two and then videoed this bad boy!

He didn't seem to mind the torch on my phone being on either, was about 5m away and not sure who or what I was.

He then clocked me:

Amazing to see him this close, I know he's no medal but he's by far the second biggest buck I've seen before (don't see many).

Hope you enjoy, it made my day!

Jim

It was just a shame I didn't manage to catch his full approach to me as he was bold as brass, on a mission until he got to author the 5m away, and then he wasn't sure, it was only when through the fence that he winded me and then did one. Great to watch! Also saw to fawns plating too, but they were quite a bit further away.

Jimw

Jim, he may not be a medal now but if he lives long enough I am sure he will be lovely young buck.

Trust you are well.

​Alex

Jim, he may not be a medal now but if he lives long enough I am sure he will be lovely young buck.

Trust you are well.

​Alex

All good cheers Alex, yourself? I see you had a nice buck over with Malc the other week!

I'm sure he would get bigger in years to come if someone doesn't nail him. I don't have stalking permission where this was buddies, so just enjoy seeing the roe out and about. This one was loitering around a doe with twins for a while, chased her a bit and then came wondering over to me. Just hope the guy who stalks the adjacent land leaves him be, as he's by far the best looking buck I've seen in the area.

All the best, Jim

Jim,

I am well thank you.

Yes one can only hope, if he has a good territory, some does and food for the winter he should stay put.

Take care

Alex

Back