Leaving cases primed ready to load later

Probably a stupid question but is there any problem priming cases and leaving them to be loaded at a much later date. I've got a 100 cases but just about to develop my loads, I want to prep all the cases (size, trim, prime) and leave them ready to fill as and when.

I'm guessing there isn't a problem with this as the primers aren't exactly packaged to protect them from the elements when you buy them.

Makes no difference at all as long as you store them in a dry place. I mostly prep and prime a couple of hundred cases or more and load them as I need and there is no difference from one batch to the other.
​I'm hunting not target shooting and anyway the loads all shoot to under 1/2".

This is exactly my plan, do a bit each night. I get a couple of hours of peace and quite to myself each night when the little one goes to bed and my wife goes out to sort her horse. I have enough time to complete one task properly and thoroughly, but without racing to get it all complete in one sitting.

My primed cases (and loaded ammo) will be sorted in RCBS ammo boxes, clearly labelled and locked in the safe with everything else.

go for it bud,

and enjoy it,

i used to have 5 cals to load for but now just the one, and with a young daughter rather poorly in hospital i have not managed to even do this let alone pull the trigger in the past few weeks,

bob.

Back