Truck high seat

Mate of mine has some school chairs welded to a roof rack with a box rail.

I assume you're looking for something to sit in the back of an L200 or similar so as to shoot off the roof?

Every now and again there's a portable hydraulic high seat that appears on the flea - brilliant looking bit of kit. I guess a cheap cherry picker would do the same thing - one of those landy conversions that National Power use would be ace!

Yeah that's rights bud a Isuzu i just want to be higher and maybe the lamper directly below me just don't know how much reward I'll get for a lot of fabrication.

May be a 4 foot scaffolding with a camouflage net would be your best option tied down with ratchet straps.

I don't really know its worth the effort, at least with the lamper beside you it gives you control over them, then there is the issue of making it all a bit top heavy and wallowing on the suspension every time you move. We have a couple of car seats welded to scaffold poles that sit on the tub of my L200 and that works really well and is comfortable and safe

I was talking to a Texan the other day through work and he was telling me all about his top drive Hummer, like you do. Anyway where he got the conversion done do a very strange scissor lift affair all very ye haa but maybe some ideas on there website to be had?:

http://performancetopdrives.com/top-drives/

Misc%20pics%20to%20move%20013.jpg

A while back someone posted another mad American that had a sort of flat pack shooting box in a trailer that climbed its way up some legs.
All OTT and utterly awesome, but no use if you want to drive round and have a good shooting position. I guess it also needs to mount/dismount easily/quickly to allow the truck more 'normal' use.

I find the lamper needs to be real close to you - easier to communicate and you both look down the beam and see the same thing - too many times the lamper can see it and the shooter can't if the angle is different.

I'd just go for a real solid rest on the roof at a height you can stand and comfortably shoot off, with the rifle well balanced. There is a wagon I know of with a step for a shorter member of the ream to be able to use the platform everyone else uses! All adaptable and as you say little fabrication. The lampman can work around you. I'd get the electrics right too - annoying to get tangled up in cables or them pull loose.

only in the usa! but bloody cool :thumb:
wonder what lord farquaad would say if you pull up and used it on his drivin highbirds:rofl:

I was talking to a Texan the other day through work and he was telling me all about his top drive Hummer, like you do. Anyway where he got the conversion done do a very strange scissor lift affair all very ye haa but maybe some ideas on there website to be had?:

http://performancetopdrives.com/top-drives/

Misc%20pics%20to%20move%20013.jpg

May be a 4 foot scaffolding with a camouflage net would be your best option tied down with ratchet straps.

I'm not sure you could get sufficient tension on the ratchet straps to stop the thing from moving whilst driving from point A to point B.

Back