New member from Ross-shire

Paul D-E

Hi i'm Paul living in the Black Isle. I've been shooting for more than 30 years. I am currently in Afghanistan with the Royal Regiment of Scotland and am looking for some Sporting shooting and Stalking on my return in November. Although a novice Stalker I do hold a DSC1 certificate and am keen to learn the art of Stalking and go onto the DSC2. I'm also looking to join a syndicate (both Stalking and Pheasant shooting). I have Shotguns and a .22 and have a .243 with moderator on my ticket, but have yet to take the leap in buying it yet.

I have joined SD to meet like minded people and gain experience.

Regards,

Paul

hi paul ,I am new to the website as well ,hope you can get some guidance from the members there seems to be some fairly knowleble guys on it
I have been shooting and stalking nearly all my life but havent done the dsq yet and prob wont till police make it stanard,but in generalI think it is a good thing for new stakers,
I would say to you to keep knocking doors ,make sure you have insurance FARMERS LIkE TO HERE THAT
but you said you want to join a pheasant syndicate as well,this could be your best bet it would suprise you how many small syndicates have the deer shooting on there ground often at no extra cost or a small extra charge
all the best
BRIAN

Brian,

Thanks for the reply and the advice, yes I have insurance i'm a member of the BASC who I did the DSC 1 with at Trochry.
I look forward to hopefully chatting and meeting members in time.

Regards,

Paul

Paul, welcome to the SD, lots of knowledge and advise here.
Stay safe in Afganistan, you guys out there all have our support.
Cheers, Pete.

Hi Paul,
I stay near Huntly moved there around 3 years ago and have since "picked up" a number of farms in the area. I find the way to get ground is to start off asking for fox and vermin shooting and then asking is it OK to take the odd Roe. Most farmers hate a Fox.
Hope this helps
You keep yer heed down out there!
I travel all over the world every month and wear a Unionjack pin badge with support our troops on it.

Cheers
Martin

Hello Paul,

Welcome to the site. I'm only up the road from you in Sutherland, give us a shout when you are home and we will see about you having a stalk. In the meantime stay safe. Tartin Jock is just down the road from you in Inverness, he is over there as well. Nearly enough for an Afghan syndicate :eek:

John

Guys,

Thank you all for the best wishes and support for the boys. I think Tartin is in the same Battalion but unsure who he is, will try and track him down.
We are all home in the next couple of weeks.

Yours aye,

Paul

He should be easy to find, he has just run a marathon out there to raise cash for H4H. Look for someone sore and tired, shouldn't be many :eek:

John

Back