advice needed

swarovski

Hi all, ive got a rodent in my gunroom which also in the attic,, I cant seem to get it with the trap baited with penut butter, ive just reset the trap and a penut butter trail, no squirrels around making me think its a bloody rat, if I had a trail cam I could get to see what I is,, any suggestions on how to catch the little barsteward

What size trap are you using? if you are using a rat one and its only a mouse it may have set it off without being caught. spring traps or glue boards are best in this weather, the last thing you need in this hot weather is a poisoned rodent dead in your roof space or under floor boards!!!

Last edited:
Wwhere do I source these glue pads, ive got a door from the attic into my gunroom, its the only way in, glue pad across the opening should catch the little fulker

sorry but i think that is one of the worst ways for a rat insdie your house, the rat will scurry off and die then stink for ages, i can see how it would work on a farm etc but poison in a house is asking for trouble. glue boards and sprinkled flour is the way i would go about it

Wwhere do I source these glue pads, ive got a door from the attic into my gunroom, its the only way in, glue pad across the opening should catch the little fulker

Swarovski,
PM me your address and I will send you a few. I got some for a rat problem and wife and kids freaked out when I actually caught one and had to despatch it with my air rifle!
Regards,
Bob

Ive had mice up there before but once I realised they were there, mouse trap set and I ive had them all in a few days, this things been up there for months, ive found the trap sprung a few times but am not sure if any of my family hwve got up in there and disturbed it and set it off

Iive cut a piece of cardboard to fit door opening and gave it a good dusting of talcing powder to identify what it is, hopefully see some slots in the morning :D

I had mice a couple of years ago in the loft, they were accessing up the cavity wall, they avoided the traps & glue boards. In the end poison was the only way. Took about 6 months but not seen any since and still don't know where they got in in the first place

No sign of mickey or roland, ive left some bread on the middle of the cardboard to see if it will leave me some prints,, I went fishing the other week and left the bread in my fishing bag which was partially open, I noticed the bread crumbs, this is what spurred me to wanna catch it.

Glue boards are a good laugh if you really want to see a pi55ed of rat. However I have seen a whole lot of hair and no rat. Hope it froze to death.

Don't poison it because if it dies under the floor the smell is horrendous when it hahas died anand you are
tearing the house to bits looking for it

Well having lived for many years in an old cottage mice in the loft was a constant problem. For these tickled up little nipper baited with either cooking chochlate, heat the spike up and push the choc on, stops it coming off. Alternatively use whole hazel nut.

Squirrels was a cage trap or air gun with lamp.

If ratty then used to make up own wheat based bait with added runny chip/fish frying oil, place in feed stations or in plastic bank coin envelopes.

For on going protection fenn trap insde a box placed parrell and next to wall. I use 3" square rain pipe as entrance each end which ensures target pest has to go over spring plate. Effective against ratty and tree rats.

D

If its A Roland then Spread a little bit of strawberry jam on a MK4 Fen trap
Gets them every time

Back