Wanted: Stalking Opportunity in Scotland Oct 12-20

Well I just found this forum and hopefully it has some folks that might have what I'm looking for (I have been talking to a couple estates so hopefully don't offend anyone by asking more people here)
Looking for stalking opportunity for three hunters 79 year old father, myself and my 11 year old son. Looking for the dates in title only, trophies are NOT required, and two non-hunters will be along as well. So B&B package for5 people, 6 or 7 nights, 3 days stalking?? Red Deer and Sika would be preferred and Roe added or possible as well.... It is a fun vacation for whole family with a little hunting as well. I know we are late in the process but ready to go, so if anyone has anything that might fit please let me know ASAP....
thank you
Craig

Well I just found this forum and hopefully it has some folks that might have what I'm looking for (I have been talking to a couple estates so hopefully don't offend anyone by asking more people here)
Looking for stalking opportunity for three hunters 79 year old father, myself and my 11 year old son. Looking for the dates in title only, trophies are NOT required, and two non-hunters will be along as well. So B&B package for5 people, 6 or 7 nights, 3 days stalking?? Red Deer and Sika would be preferred and Roe added or possible as well.... It is a fun vacation for whole family with a little hunting as well. I know we are late in the process but ready to go, so if anyone has anything that might fit please let me know ASAP....
thank you
Craig

Colin (Solwaystalker) has some cracking ground for reds and wild goats (google Forrest Estate). He also has access to high quality and good value accommodation.

I just had to get back on the forum and say WHAT A TRIP!!! my father and I harvested beautiful Reds and my wife shot her first ever Roe, Athina Hunting Tours and their guides, Neil Griffith and Jon Birchall took so much care of us it was unreal!! Can't say enough good about the whole trip, guides, Athina & Scotland!! You all have a seriously hidden secret here!

Attachments

• stag down2.JPG
    stag down2.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 68
Craig,

You are very welcome - I'm really glad you all enjoyed the stalking and Scotland. Hopefully your Dad has recovered from his fall down that hole and the sightseeing part of the trip went OK? Your three stags and Melissa's Roe buck all made it to Edinburgh intact on Thursday afternoon and are now with the taxidermist.

We're all looking forward to hunting with you again, here and in the USA - and also with a few of your customers now that you can tell them there really ARE plenty of deer in the UK and you really ARE allowed to shoot them!

All the best,

Adam.

Wayne, he was a bloody lump of a stag for a hill beast - 22 stone exactly on the hook, so God only knows what he weighed head on and viscera intact.

​It took 4 hours to extract him from the hill :eek: even with the quad bike and hill trailer - I think Santa's being asked for a winch and a set of Supatracks this Christmas...

Wayne, lump of a stag is correct, Jon and I saw him the night before at last light and then chased/watched him for a mile or so the next morning, and then one 305yd shot & it was over, but the memories and taxidermy will let us always remember. Again this was a fantastic hunt and the weather couldn't have been any nicer. Adam, the rest of our trip was memorable and smooth as well. Scotland certainly is a very hospitable place to vacation -- I'm sure many have dislikes as we do in the states but it was just a superb trip for us! I'll load some more pics in the photos section later today.

Well done Craig, glad you enjoyed your trip to the UK, that really is a fantastic stag!

Alex

Back