Trail Camera Convert

PointBlank

I have always been a bit sceptical with trail cameras and never have seen the point but I decided to put one up for a week and see how it went, am now a convert and plan to get a few more! Even enjoyed watching the badgers and the rabbit posing right in the middle of the field of view!

Last edited:
That's some cracking footage you've caught on camera PointBlank. Seems you've found a very busy piece of ground!

Not had very good recordings on my new camera yet although it is sensitive enough to have caught a Red Admiral butterfly passing by and a magpie getting stung by my bees when it got too close to the hive entrance!

About what height have you mounted your camera at?

Regards,

​Gunner

That's some cracking footage you've caught on camera PointBlank. Seems you've found a very busy piece of ground!

Not had very good recordings on my new camera yet although it is sensitive enough to have caught a Red Admiral butterfly passing by and a magpie getting stung by my bees when it got too close to the hive entrance!
I
About what height have you mounted your camera at?

Regards,

​Gunner

It was about 5' high and it was put overlooking a little bit of a choke point.

Thats amazing footage and crackling ground you got.All 3 species of deer ,badgers, fox and rabbits...Good one

I have 8 (x4 pairs and they vary in quality but this is last months footage edited out.
Don't put billys on anymore.
http://youtu.be/SvPKxYDAgs8
Good videos! I am going to take the plunge for a few more cameras, I see the bushnell's are on special at uttings. I was surprised whatione caught in just the 7 days.

Oh, and the badgers are on there as I just dumped the whole card on YouTube. :)

Last edited:
I also am a convert. there great. love the fact that you get a snippet of what goes on when your not there. some of the footage is great, top locations guys.

Guys,

Make sure you always use a decent length of 20 lb fluorocarbon fishing line to connect to the covering Claymore ;)

Stan

P.S. "Claymore" should be another unit covering yours as well as the vehicle access points etc.

Stan

They do look like a good buy!! Tried a mates cheap one with good results, but the video option on this one looks good. Great footage here!

I had one on the first Trophy trail cams, but its batteries never lasted more than a few days. It was great when I hooked it up to my old lamp battery. I used in remote areas of the the farm to keep a eye on who was around. I got some good footage of the wildlife more than anything else.

I have even put it in one of the sheds when a client was helping them selves to the stock. It was great to be able to quote to them time and date and even what they were wearing and what they had taken!

I put one over the drive way when I am away, always good to know who it about. I mount mine with a builders strop and screws at at about 12-14 foot up stood on the top of the Landrover. people don't seem to look up. I was pretty sceptical how useful it was going to be, but now wonder what i would do with out my trail cams.

I had one on the first Trophy trail cams, but its batteries never lasted more than a few days. It was great when I hooked it up to my old lamp battery. I used in remote areas of the the farm to keep a eye on who was around. I got some good footage of the wildlife more than anything else.

I have even put it in one of the sheds when a client was helping them selves to the stock. It was great to be able to quote to them time and date and even what they were wearing and what they had taken!

I put one over the drive way when I am away, always good to know who it about. I mount mine with a builders strop and screws at at about 12-14 foot up stood on the top of the Landrover. people don't seem to look up. I was pretty sceptical how useful it was going to be, but now wonder what i would do with out my trail cams.

These things really are so versatile. I've sold them to keepers for the obvious reasons, but also wildlife lovers for watching otters, badgers and birds. Joe Public for shed and oil tank security. Horsey people to keep an eye on their far and remote stable. Local Councils to monitor known fly-tipping sites and local parish councils to keep an eye on village halls or general ASB. One guy has had a few to keep an eye on his caravan when he's not there. They are also great to chuck down low in some bushes, capturing number plates of all vehicles going up and down your driveway. By no means are they a replacement to CCTV, but they are a cheaper, more versatile equivalent (nearly). You can get steel security boxes which you strap to a tree with a python cable, but ultimately, if somebody wants it...they are going to take it. So bear that in mind, you strapping over £100 to a tree. They last a couple of months on batteries but you can also get a solar panel and/or rig it up to a bigger battery (and mains). You can also get various models with MMS capabilities so it will text or email you when activated (great for REALLY remote areas)

I have 4 in my woods permanently, some of the stuff you catch is amazing (and sometimes worrying). I highly recommend them!

Last edited:
Back