Very big Stag

The Croc

I've just come back from working away for a month, and my missus has told me that on the local tv news Westcountry that they have seen a Stag 9ft tall (Antlers included I presume), and that this is the largest Stag ever seen.
Anyone know anything about this? Or is somebody justt having a laugh

Brian

Can you imagine being st up a ride and this big fellow walks out in front of you ?. One things for sure you wouldnt want to have to drag him out by hand :lol:

auquhollie said:
Can you imagine being st up a ride and this big fellow walks out in front of you ?. One things for sure you wouldnt want to have to drag him out by hand :lol:
Let your mate shoot it then say "You shot it, you drag it" :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wonder how many poachers will be driving the Devon/Somerset border in the near future.
basil.

2434me said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/6267525/Largest-wild-animal-in-Britain-is-300lb-9ft-stag-the-Exmoor-Emperor.html

Gotta love those journalists!

One moment they say "But the real danger comes from trophy hunters, who may wish to bag Britain's biggest beast" and then immediately link it to the 'grudge' killing of the two enclosed Stags on Richard Caring's land recently. :rolleyes:

Anything to pad out a story.

giantStag_1497065c.jpg

Unless the pic was taken with a telephoto lens and the stag is 100m behind the hinds then, although he's a big boy, I've seen several like him in this area over the years.

auquhollie said:

Can you imagine calling it and he puts the sneak on you from behind :eek: :eek: You would have to stay calm reload and fire again :lol: :lol:

I have seen stags as big on a couple of private deer heards not far from were i stay. I am sure there will be bigger ones about . Nice beast thow would not want to drag it far would need fork lift to move him :D

The record for Arran is 480lb(218kgs) hill weight. The big one that was shot last week weighed around 264lb (120 kgs) larder weight.
We have had them bigger but not with a head like the one last week.

Typical Journalist,knows nothing about what he is writing.

I believe Thetford has the really big ones.....

regards
griff

auquhollie said:
Can you imagine being st up a ride and this big fellow walks out in front of you ?.

if a fella that big walks out in front of you round these parts
you'd give him your wallet and ask if you could help him on
with his hoodie :lol: :lol:

Back