Loading for 12.7

Drag1

Has anyone loaded for a 12.7x44R .Ive got a black powder load of 75grns BP 345grn bullet but does anyone use a (light) nitro load for this calibre
Just for plinking of course

Hi Muir Somehow i thought it would be you that replied
the rifle is a CF rolling block 1871 sporterised from a Swedish military rifle
​Drag

Hi Muir Somehow i thought it would be you that replied
the rifle is a CF rolling block 1871 sporterised from a Swedish military rifle
​Drag

I would get either Hodgdon's Pyrodex RS or Trail Boss. I keep thinking I need another of these. An dealer buddy of mine has them and they are pretty reasonable. What brass are you using?~Muir

I have not had much luck with any of the BP substitutes in BP cartridges, haven't tried them in all possibilitites but have done so in: 45-70, 45-90, 45-100, 45-110, 50-70, and 50-90...

SS

I have not had much luck with any of the BP substitutes in BP cartridges, haven't tried them in all possibilitites but have done so in: 45-70, 45-90, 45-100, 45-110, 50-70, and 50-90...

SS

I have done well with 11mm Mauser, 45 Dutch Beaumont, 577 Snider, 303 British (Martini Metford) and various combustible cartridge Sharps loadings and handgun cartridges. I miss Pyrodex CTG. It worked better than any others for me; especially in the Snider. I also gave Pyrodec up in the larger capacity 45's and kept to smokeless. I don't shoot straight black powder anymore.~Muir

I would get either Hodgdon's Pyrodex RS or Trail Boss. I keep thinking I need another of these. An dealer buddy of mine has them and they are pretty reasonable. What brass are you using?~Muir

I made my own Brass from a lead cast bung

Back