With a summer that looks as though it might have some mixed weather, why not try a warm salad that can be enjoyed on warm summer evenings or on rainy summer days!
- 1 whole rabbit
- Shredded kale (raw)
- Olive oil
- Spring onion
- Baby Tomatoes
- Garlic 2 piece
- Splash of red wine
- Choice of soft cheese (I use goats cheese)
- Pine Nuts
- Place the rabbit in a large pan and cover with water. Add a good glug of red wine, a table spoon of sugar, and the juice from one lemon. Simmer rabbit on a low heat for at least an hour until the meat begins to go soft (at this stage begin preparing the salad as described below). Leave the rabbit on the same heat but add a pint of cold water to slow the cooking process
- Massage kale, lemon and olive oil in a bowl using your hands (this softens the kale)
- Add the chopped onion, tomatoes, avocado, beetroot to the kale and mix together
- Tear/slice/dice cheese and add to the salad
- Chop the chorizo into thin slices and place in a hot pan with the garlic and a small knob of butter - toss this for a minute add splash of red wine. Cook the chorizo and garlic for 2mins then pour with the juices straight onto the salad
- Using same pan crush the walnuts and toast them with the pine nuts then add to the salad
- Lastly tear the meat from the rabbit and scatter into the salad
For additional seasoning or a different taste, leave out the chorizo and mix together mixed herbs, olive oil, and cinnamon to bring out the flavour of the rabbit! Our Salad Zinger makes life easy!
Please order by PM (include your telephone number, email, and postal address), or call +44 (0)1243 811 844 and quote "The Stalking Directory"