new guidance

lister

just looked at new guidance looks like anyone getting a divorce or upseting someone may lose there ticket cheers lister

just looked at new guidance looks like anyone getting a divorce or upseting someone may lose there ticket cheers lister

Not quiet ,domestic violence is a different thing and I dont think anyone who is convicted of domestic violence should have access to firearms , it shows a lack of self control, if you need to get even with a woman there are many ways which are all legal ;)

Not quiet ,domestic violence is a different thing and I dont think anyone who is convicted of domestic violence should have access to firearms , it shows a lack of self control, if you need to get even with a woman there are many ways which are all legal ;)
I agree but this is not on conviction this is on hearsay rumour have you read definition of domestic violence
​cheers lister

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/firearms-law-guidance-to-the-police-2012

Last edited:
I welcome the revised guidance, obviously there needs to be safeguards in place to protect from malicious accusations but this is not an issue that can be left unaddressed. atb Tim

Conduct which has not resulted in a conviction can be considered. For example, a bind over may be relevant, particularly if in relation to a partner or a former partner. Evidence falling short of a conviction (e.g. police intelligence, which has not been tested in the criminal court and proved beyond reasonable doubt) should be treated with caution and an assessment made by chief officers of police as to what weight should be attached to it. In each case the police must ensure a fair process by analysing how recent the incident was and whether it should be viewed as an isolated incident or part of an ongoing pattern. They should conduct an assessment of future risk based on all of the evidence.

Unfortunately I think we all know what that means in practice, blanket rules applied to all.

Theres also talk of refusing FACs for anyone whos had a suspended sentence regardless of how long ago, this would loose two people I know their jobs .

I think in reality this has always been the case. It is the reason they want every address you have lived at in the past [five?] years. They are looking for visits to that address where no formal action was taken.

Be interesting to see if police forces observe this Home Office guidance as closely as they observe other Home Office firearms licensing guidance

I,ve got a court case going on with my ex over custody of our son, the courts sent me her paperwork by mistake and that's how I found out, so I rang south yorks firearms and told them I had a court case coming up and she would try to get me to lose my fac as I told them the 2 things I,m bothered about are my guns and son.
they said too put my guns in storage but told them I used them 3 times aweek foxing. so my feo sent an email too top man pre warning them some thing might crop up.
well sure as eggs are eggs 1st court date and my guns were fetched up, according to her my son has access too them and I let him use my 270 rifle(he's 4) anyhow courts contacted police 6 weeks ago and not heard a thing from them, but social services rang last week and they now have no worries after speaking too them.
stav
I did turn up in court with all my paperwork, pictures of my storage and how I go above and beyond what police say is acceptable.

Last edited:
Back