Range Trip 7-31-13

6pt-sika

Got out to the range this morning about 8:45 and it was actually rather pleasent !
I took along or so I thought my new to me LC Smith 10 gauge , my friends CZ537 17 Hornet and Ruger #1B's in 6mm Rem , 257 Bob and 25-06 .
I decided to shoot the little CZ537 17 Hornet first . I had scrubbed the s...h...i...t out of it a day earlier . And I wanted to see how it would do after a fouler at 100 yards for 3 shots .

Not benchrest but not to shabby either !
Then I went to my new to me LC Smith 10 gauge of 1890 vintage !

All at 25 yards .
Tried 00 right barrel !

00 left barrel ,

#1 right barrel ,

#1 left barrel ,

#3 right barrel ,

#3 left barrel ,

At that point the morning was going pretty well and I proceeded to the Ruger #1B's !
Opened the first case and pulled out a 1B in 270 WIN followed by the next case that had a 280 REM !!!!!!!!
The third did have the 25-06 as it was supposed to , but the 6mm and 257 were saddly missing !
Took 6 shots with the 25-06 and was done checking sight n's for the day !

So perhaps next week I can get the 6mm , 257 Bob and another 1B in 243 WIN checked !

All the pellets didn't hit the target . With the 00 Buck there were 12 pellets in each shell , with the #1 I got 16 pellets per shell and with the #3 Buck I was getting 28 pellets per shell .

These were all non buffered loads I might add . When I tried buffered and not in my W&C Scott I so no appreciable difference in the patterns so for my needs non is fine . Or so it has been so far .

Back