Be careful out there gents.

tjwaines

Evening gents,

A lad local to us was out pruning some trees on one of the local estates earlier this week, went up a high seat to trim some branches back and lost his footing. He's now in Pinderfields hospital with a broken back and has been told he'll be permanently paralyzed. Not good, especially since the previous game keeper was killed felling a tree about 2 - 3 years ago on the very same estate.

Tom

you can have as many risk assesments ad you like, but accidents happen, all risk assesments do is cover the bosses arse.

Evening gents,

A lad local to us was out pruning some trees on one of the local estates earlier this week, went up a high seat to trim some branches back and lost his footing. He's now in Pinderfields hospital with a broken back and has been told he'll be permanently paralyzed. Not good, especially since the previous game keeper was killed felling a tree about 2 - 3 years ago on the very same estate.

Tom

Sorry to hear about the poor lad.. A life changed forever and for those around him...... Sad

Sorry to hear about the lads accident you just can't be too careful take care lads
Tom

Tragic. Full body harness must be attached even before you leave the ground. [BTW How can Bush Wear sell ladder stands but not sell body harnesses??]

Sorry to hear, just makes you think a little and reflect on many a close shave myself that could have easily ended that way
Wingy

tough break for the chap
but OMG!!

since when did we start listening to the HSE nazis!!

people fall off stuff! usually people doing stuff they shouldn't be with the wrong equipment.

I was a rigger building rollercoasters in Australia in a past life
I remember building one for the Perth show.

the HSE nazis came round to close it down......guess where they were from? UK! Lancashire to be precise!
we all got forced to use 1m lanyards and full body harnesses.

in the 5 years prior to that no one fell or got hurt.
3 weeks in Perth 3 people fell, usually trying to get from one spar to another and being snagged
one guy got concussion from slamming back into the roller coaster on his lanyard!

​not all HSE is good sense

According to professional loggers the majority of deaths occur within ten feet of the tree.

My thoughts are with this poor lad and his family you really can't be too careful I had a car accident on my way to work a month ago which left me with both legs and knees broken it has rally made me a lot more cautious , hoping for a miracle for this poor chap though :(

Back