Do you know what it is yet?

On a small holding I shoot they have a problem with foxes so set up spypoint camera seen a few foxes but the other night, there's a fox bye the cage trap you can see his eyes and a strange pig shaped animal is on the left by the hedge line I'm in Dorset and as far as I'm not aware that there any muntjac around Bridport and its not a pig says the farmer! Any help would be great cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 441
I would say an escaped farm pig short leg large hind quarter to wide for a deer and to big for an otter. Only my opinion not an expert on pigs asses lol:lol:

Did you check for slots? Unless and until you have corroboration that muntjac are about, I'd interpret that image as being another fox, and the apparent thickness of body as being caused by its brush.

Wandering pigs and otters seem much less likely!

cat like walk! maybe a pink pig's rear end bit tall for an otter

Last edited:
You're in Dorset, so wouldn't make sense for it to be a CWD, but looks like rounded ears; as others have said look for slots and scats.

Flip the camera to video mode for a while and you might get a better idea

+1. Somehow the brain makes much better sense of grainy moving images than it does of slightly-less-grainy still ones. How things move can be a stronger identifier than what shape they seem to be.

You asked what it was and I told you. 99.9 percent certain it is billy Brock. I took a picture of one tonight as I stalked in the wood. It was fifteen feet from me and did not give a hoot. I clicked it a couple of times. The rear shot is identical to yours. I will download them tomorrow. But it is a badger,

Are we trying to identify the stocky creature on the left of the picture or the set of eyes behind/in the cage on the right of the picture? :)

Are we trying to identify the stocky creature on the left of the picture or the set of eyes behind/in the cage on the right of the picture? :)

HA! I didn't even see the one on the left, I thought we were guessing on the eyes! LOL...now I can see the one on the left, yep, definitely Ewok.

trying to get post count up ay ;) LOL...I'm guessing you've got something to put in classfieds tonight! :rofl:

not picking on you, just saying, watch out for Admin, they'll be sniffing you out like the matrix hounds

Back