Thread: Help!

I am off up to loch morar for the last week in September dragging stags... The estate owner where I go picking up owns an estate up there, swordland I think it is, and they go up the first two weeks in October shooting stags. The eldest son is taking his in laws from Italy the last week in September for a crack at a few and they needed an extra fool to do some dragging to help the stalkers out so I thought I'd to up and have a look! My question is what's the weather normally (!!!) like up there that time of year and what sort of clothing would I be better of with?

kind regards

slowly slowly catch a monkey..

Breeks and good high leg boots, poly long sleeve shirt, good fleece jumper (these dry rapid) small rucksack with waterproof jacket and spare jumper. Good stick too.

Hi Jez!
    Good deal, sounds great, but.....
    From all I know and have read, it doesnt matter what type of gear and clothes you are going to wear, you will get wet, either from the outside by rain, muddy terrain and moisturerized brushes, or from the inside by your swet, dragging carcasses.....

So good luck and have fun!

​(To be honest... Yes, I am jealous.....)
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

I thought you were going to suggest wearing that outfit you have, you know the one the same as 'old hubertus himself' I think you may be right though on the getting wet bit but I suppose it wouldn't be authentic highland stalking otherwise!
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

What's the weather normally-how longs a bit of rope....
    Sure your going to enjoy it....hehehe
    ​Morar-small stags-piece o cake....
    BTW bring cramp ons wi ye.
    Last edited by Wolverine; 05-08-2013 at 09:20.

Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

And a midge net !

take a couple of spare pints of blood with you.....lots of yours will be flying around you in little winged drops most days :-)

For Woking with Italian guests I'd go for summat very bright and bullet proof!!!
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.