Thread: Rowan Berries & Dogs

Rowan Berries & Dogs

How bad are Rowan Berries to dogs? I am getting various answers from the web. My pup ate some yesterday and following a dose of the Sh*ts and throwing up he seems to be ok.

Any advice will be helpfull.

To dogs i am not sure but i can say 100% that they make great jam, marmalade and juice, i have eaten them raw when forraging (high vit c) but they are not so nice and some varieties can be v bitter, best if cooked, however most dogs i know have cast iron stomach's eating anything from chicken poo to rotten eggs..
    hope its better soon.

Don't want to hijack the thread but its a similar point.

Mine constantly pick wild raspberries off the bushes round here and eat a few when out for a walk. They never show any signs of an upset stomach so I assumed they won't be harmful???

Don't know about rowan berries....

Think he should be fine! my cockers when they get the chance, eat rasp, wild strawberries, and rowen if fallen, without showing any ill effect.

Have witnessed foxes eating all manner of wild fruit, inc Rowan. So I would apply the rule of thumb, if birds etc are eating stuff, it should be ok in small quantities for humans/dogs etc.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Cheers everyone, he seems to be fine.