Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonderful TalkTalk service........................... I don't think

Wonderful TalkTalk service........................... I don't think

Due to a storm several weeks back the internet service in our road went down. The neighbour got hers back some days ago but it seems she is not using TalkTalk as a provider. It has taken many hours on the phone to eventually get our service back. No mention of a refund of course for the service that has been paid for but not delivered.

They advertise that they provide such a wonderful service yet in out experience they have been terrible. We now await a switch to another provider which hopefully will give us better service and maybe even a customer call centre in the UK instead of India.

Has anyone else noticed how when you call their customer support that they suggest you connect to their web site to get the information and just how does one do this with no service on the line?

It seems that everyone is supposed to have internet phones well we don't and the nearest public internet access is in town. not exactly a pop round distance and somehow I don't think that taking in a desk top and setting it up would please them somehow.

I would not recommend TalkTalk to even an enemy.

Used Talk Talk a number of years ago, will never use them again.

We're with TalkTalk at the moment and currently looking at other options after poor service both with internet connection and customer service.
    Best Regards,

Jedward. The reason why there are two barrels on a shotgun.

I was told by some internet savvy neighbours that talktalk slow down current customers (Me), when putting new customers on service who are close by, my net broadband has been intermittent for around a month now, got fed up trying to understand the foreigner on the other end of the customer care line, going to get on the U switch site when I get back home.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I would recommend PlusNet been with them for 15years had one problem in that time sorted in 3 hours and there call centre is in UK reason I needed a good provider so I could Skype home when I was in Africa
    Last edited by african jack; 05-08-2013 at 12:19.

+1 for plus net
    was with talk talk and had to use a dial up modem for the time I was with them as it was faster. They then had the cheek to try to get me to pay a 95 pound charge
    With sky now and that just does not miss a beat nor does it slow down
    Will be looking at their fibre offering in the new year

I was totally fed up with TT they are not interested until you leave!!!!!!!!! Now with BT fibre optic for the same monthly charge loads better...........

Quote Originally Posted by howy308 View Post
    Used Talk Talk a number of years ago, will never use them again.

+1, Unreliable and I had to spend far too much time on the phone to some disinterested person in an overseas call centre. Zen are pretty good but we now have a local wireless provider instead due to problems with the copper cable. atb Tim

..and another recommendation for Plusnet (even though they are now part owned by BT).

Great customer service team (all UK based) and very helpful.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

i went with tiscali all those years ago and when it changed carried on but about 8 months ago i had difficulty in speeds and internet cutting out and after sevral phone calls later nearly left but they sent a new router and i have no idea if that was the cause or it was something else but i have not had a problem since,
    now i would love to change but i hate the hassle as that was the reason i left aol but for now things are good but if it happens again i will look elsewhere.
    My reluctance to move is because i here so many bad reports from a number of companys i feel i might get an even worse service and it cost me more, atb wayne
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports