What do we do now

woodfordfallow

Went to the post office today to send a trophy to the best Taxidermist in the country Bill Bartlet.
I have been refused as they from last week don't carry human or animal remains any more.
I said can I send a pair boots as they contain animal remains. Your views and suggestions woodfordfallow

Just use a courier, it will probably be cheaper anyway. Try Interparcel on the net, they are a broker for a range of couriers and not only will you get a good price most of them will come and collect it. Even the very helpful guy at my local post office recommends them and uses them himself for his sideline of selling car parts.

I guess it was a wet trophy? A recently shot animal that you were sending for mounting?

I ask because I sold some antlers on ebay a couple of weeks ago and the lady behind the counter asked what was in the box as they are now apparently obliged to do. I told her it contained deer antlers. No problem and away they went.

Absolute ********, they carry meat, horn, antler, bone, ivory, leather & skins, shells, & all manner of animal remains, they are having you on, it's just their policy I bet I sent venison to my I laws yesterday no problem next day delivery.

Perhaps the beginnings of the new face of Royal (Not) Snail! Wonder who's boat race is going to appear on the new stamps...

Use a courier the Post Office are possibly the worst service anyway. Unreliable and expencive.
Tusker

Don't use Royal Mail. I got my local post office to send a frozen gold medal cwd to Colin dunton on a next day delivery - when I traced it two days later they had only just bothered to collect it from my post office! I had it returned to me and sent it by courier the next week. Luckily I had well wrapped and insulated the parcel and the cape was fine.I tend to use dpd these days. I've shipped lots of trophies to Spain with them and never had a problem.

I take it back.The missus went to post antlers today and was told new policy doesn't allow it.Have been given a phone number to check.

If there is a decent line of people waiting behind you, and they ask what is in the package, just say, loudly, "Oh, its a fourteen inch black mamba anal intruder". They go quiet then and just let you pay. :thumb:

Its not from last week, they have always had it on their list of prohibited items. ALL the couriers prohibit animal remains, which includes antler, bone, skin, fur etc.

The only company that do not prohibit animal remains is Collect Plus.

Well if that's the case they realy are going to go bust, but then the taxpayer will prob bail them out.
Its not from last week, they have always had it on their list of prohibited items. ALL the couriers prohibit animal remains, which includes antler, bone, skin, fur etc.

The only company that do not prohibit animal remains is Collect Plus.

My local post office asked me what it is I send the whole time.

I told them they are fishing flies. A few weeks later I went it with a load of packages and the guy behind the counter said wow someone is buying a lot of insects. :rofl:

I call it playing the game by their rules........worst case you may have to eat it!!!....have eaten worse!!!!
Hi Martin I relabelled it as venison . For my Mate Bill in Scotland I said !!. She replied he's a lucky man .A bit like coals to Newcastle. (No problem). Postman arrived at Bills to say your a lucky man some Venison for your supper.
Ps not much meat on it and cost me £25 quid to send it.
By the way did you get your level two done

Hi Martin I relabelled it as venison . For my Mate Bill in Scotland I said !!. She replied he's a lucky man .A bit like coals to Newcastle. (No problem). Postman arrived at Bills to say your a lucky man some Venison for your supper.
Ps not much meat on it and cost me £25 quid to send it.
By the way did you get your level two done

Nice one,Deer capes are a Cornish delicacy!!!;)

Yes Level two all done,waiting for the phone call now!!:confused:

Back