Should realtree be banned in public?

RED-DOT

Should Realtree, Mossy-Oak and Shadowgrass be banned from public view as i thing it looks just plain silly now and has ran its course since it was brought in via the States 15 years ago. Its fine for the hide on the estuary but looks naff in the high street.
Personally i don't mind blending in to avoid going hungry but to look like Johnny Kingdom in Tescos is not a good look?
Ban it i say!!

Looking naff in public places it should have instant appeal for some sections of our community: realtree pants with your arse out and y-fronts showing, baseball caps on sideways (a la Benny Hill?) or btf, realtree vests pulling up above 8 months of pregnancy, realtree buggy, benefit book, handbag with little scottie dog motif, "Oi! Waynetta! Where the f@@@ are you hiding? I'll F@@@@ kill you, you little F@@@@ B@@@@ Get back 'ere nahhhhhhh!"

Groaning deeply I'm off to walk the dog.

Serious answer? Dress like a tit, look like a tit, act like a tit. Realtree doesn't blend well in TEscos!

Don't wear a lot of camo but if I were to be going stalking with say a camo t shirt on and needed to pop in tesco for fuel,and a drink and I couldn't then I'd say it shouldn't be banned .
​norma

Don't wear a lot of camo but if I were to be going stalking with say a camo t shirt on and needed to pop in tesco for fuel,and a drink and I couldn't then I'd say it shouldn't be banned .
​norma

Quite often used to stop off for fuel and / or late night food after a long night lamping ... Normally have the cammo bottoms on since there warm and water proof, normally chuck the jacket off when going in and have a plain t-shirt or hoody underneath so I don't look like a wanna be commando :rofl:

tikkathreebarrels; Serious answer? Dress like a tit said:
Lots of them around, tits that is!

Ive never worn it, can't say I like it much but each to their own I guess. If ever I pulled into a garage for fuel in stalking kit, I always put a Jo public T-shirt on or a jacket to try and blend in.

Jst coz some feel they look a tit in it that doesnt make it wrong, if you feel a tit innit you probaly are :D

It's better off in public places than on game shoots, that really boils my pi55.
Send it all back to the states for me.

Welcome back
Why pick on real tree camo there would be lots of outfits higher on my "to ban in public" list, but I'm not even going to go there on an open forum
Wingy

i have walked around tesco in it...all be it i was just back from a dawn patrol and buying the fry up gear....to tell the truth i pref the wifes camo gear. ;) cany beat the combat sussys etc lol

i have walked around tesco in it...all be it i was just back from a dawn patrol and buying the fry up gear....to tell the truth i pref the wifes camo gear. ;-

Don`t you find them uncomfortable sat in a high seat :D

As a fashion statement camo can be cool but its wholly dependant on:

A. Single garment not matching top/bottom cap and boots!
B. The bosom it clings to is not male!
C. Cargos do not have ironed creases!
D. You are not driving a Japanese pickup!

As an aside I consider the original Realtree pattern that was predominantly autumn-hued oak leaf to be the most aesthetically pleasing. Worn as a single garment such as the Cabelas windstopper moleskin shirt I bought 20 years ago has solicited both positive comment and enquiry in where to buy.

K
swatch_advantage_classic_zps7a552e23.jpg

Last edited:
Ban hunting atire in public in UK if you want to, but pleeeeze dont make it an international ban, or the rest of New Zealand will be forced to wear jimjams to the supermarket through lack of choice.
* pyjamas, dressing gowns and swimming attire are already a common sight year round in some of the shops here :eek:

I don't wear cammo in public, there is a place for a "Now you see me, now you don't suit" but that is in the field. I am not in favour of banning anything but if I were I would start by banning the skin tight lycra gear that every cyclist seems to want to squeeze into, there would be a few noticeable exceptions to that ban but they would all be female and size 10 or below :)

Ban it!

While you are at it, ban all other fashion disasters:

Trousers that hang round the back of your thighs exposing yesterday's boxers!
Girls wearing crop tops showing more Giant Haystacks than Muffin top
Blokes wearing suit jackets that look so small they could have nicked a primary school uniform
Ugg Boots!!

Back