Saint Hubert's club info

Well I'm not making any promises, but I'll see what I can do! I have several things I want to do down there. I have yet to set up the scope on my CZ452 stutzen for the running boar. I need to bring in my Steyr Mannlicher on a day when HPS are there to have them take measurements so that they can reload ammunition for me. I'd like to have a proper go at the running deer. I'd like to try my rifle out at 200 and 300m. Realistically though, I'm looking probably at maybe the running deer and a visit to HPS before Christmas, as that's when they're around, and what days I'm able to fairly obtain for my own entertainment have to be spread out between this and wildfowling. But who knows? I'll take a fair bit of holiday around Christmas so we shall see how things work out. I'll put it in my diary just in case, you never know!

There used to be a young lady who shared their cottage in the woods who had trained all the animals to help clean it, including the deer who would lend their antlers to hang wet laundry from. But she went off and married a prince or something.

Don't think women are actually allowed to join!?:-|
MS

Don't think women are actually allowed to join!?:-|
MS

As with any club... some old ones sneak in pretending to be men! :lol:

Only joshing.... I was a member for several years until other commitments took over. There are a lot of sound, knowledgeable, friendly and helpful people in the club... and of course a few who like the sound of their own voice but you soon learn to distinguish those.

Fizz
:cool:

Definitely not one lady allowed! Apparently they got quite a bit of stick from Jane Rabliagatti (Deer Initiative Chair)over this at a recent big club meeting. Amazing that FC a government dept have let the club get away with it for so long being an equal opportunity outfit, but saying that I don't know of any Lady rangers.

Don't think women are actually allowed to join!?:-|MS
Mick, I took this to be a dig at the guys that left it in a particularly bad state - they were asked who they thought did the cleaning when they left !!
As for the knowledgable members, there are a few DDM members now wearing the St H hat ;)

Definitely not one lady allowed! Apparently they got quite a bit of stick from Jane Rabliagatti (Deer Initiative Chair)over this at a recent big club meeting. Amazing that FC a government dept have let the club get away with it for so long being an equal opportunity outfit, but saying that I don't know of any Lady rangers.

There is a lady FC ranger in the Forest of Dean and has probably shot more deer and boar than anyone on here!

I dont think it is the club I joined around 12 years ago and with all clubs there is people who will lower the tone .

Back