Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Remember Baikal Rekord Cartridges ?

Do You Remember Baikal Rekord Cartridges ?

Well I was given about 75 in 12G black plastic cases with the head-stamp 'Made in the USSR', so it seemed a shame not to use them.
    Went out tonight shooting rabbits in the harvest field whilst my pal was combining. For those who remember the Rekord (fondly or painfully), I can confirm that despite their 30 or 40 years of age, they still bang like an artillery piece, kick like a mule and put enough burning crud in the air to risk setting the stubble alight.
    Oh and they kill rabbits very well too. Despite ear defenders and using a Browning Fusion gas operated self-loader, I have a headache, ringing ears and sore shoulder. Whatever did the Soviets load them with ? Jolly good cartridges though..... anyone want to try a few, just for old-times sake ?

Used to love 'em for vermining but yes they were harsh.
    ​And then there was the old Smoke & Bangs (S&Bs)

They were in a class all of their own. ohh the memories .. I can feel the bruising coming back. But If anybody still has a 1000 in no 6 I'll have them

Oh great memory's !
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Fabulous memories of the 80's shooting down the line, local farm shoot on Cae Glas ( with a bloke/boy in the trap house mind! Manual traps back then) with the chap next to me shooting baikals while I looked sideways to watch the 18" flames out of the end of the barrels. Bloody noisy! I used to stuff tissue paper in my ears. Not many ear defs about.
    still got half a dozen in AAA bought for god knows what in my odd and sods box.

Great cartridge, they are all used to use for duck and geese on the 100ft washes they worked very well, long before the days of lead free.

I shot my first ever fox on a fox drive with one of these. Upon pulling the trigger and seeing the flash i thought something was wrong, but they got the job done. Soviet efficiency!

if you missed with the shot the flame would get em!

yes happy days, clay nest bottoms didnt stand a chance ,remember the S&B paper 7/8 oz roll turnover ,now they could realy put up a smoke screen on a still day at the woodies.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce w View Post
    yes happy days, clay nest bottoms didnt stand a chance ,remember the S&B paper 7/8 oz roll turnover ,now they could realy put up a smoke screen on a still day at the woodies.
    Have to agree Bruce, as I recall both Baikal & S&B were also sold in boxes of 10.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"