Latest boar to go in the chiller!

thomas

Thought some of you may like to see a pic of the latest boar to go in the chiller! I've had a few about lately making a nuisance, mainly sows with followers which I have managed to chase off. I had seen this young male about a few times before, always on his own and a very healthy specimen but starting to cause a few problems!!! Larder weight of 150lb so intact he would have been around the 225lb (ish) mark, his tusks had not long started growing so he was probably not too much over 2 years over age.

ATB

T

Thought some of you may like to see a pic of the latest boar to go in the chiller! I've had a few about lately making a nuisance, mainly sows with followers which I have managed to chase off. I had seen this young male about a few times before, always on his own and a very healthy specimen but starting to cause a few problems!!! Larder weight of 150lb so intact he would have been around the 225lb (ish) mark, his tusks had not long started growing so he was probably not too much over 2 years over age.

ATB

T

Making a nuisance of themselves... well feel free to send them my way i'd gladly give them all a new home ;)

ATB

T

My friend gave me this card which helps to identify the age of the animal.

Hope that will help for any future boar you shoot.

Cheers

My friend gave me this card which helps to identify the age of the animal.

Hope that will help for any future boar you shoot.

Cheers

Never was very good at German so an English version would be good! Thomas knows his onions so have every faith in his age estimation which looks about right to me.

It's not German - more likely Flemish or Dutch. Copy & paste text into Google Translate and the programme will do the job for you. Seemples - Squeak!!
Below is a literal translation using Translate.

LH Picture
17-18 months:
Middle incisors growth with groove.
Centre picture:
19-30 months
All incisors changed but not by length.
RH picture:
Full grown pig 2yrs +
Dental exchange 1+2 inline

Produced by the Veluwe Wildlife Management Association - The Veluwe is a forest-rich ridge of hills in the province of Gelderland in the Netherlands. The Veluwe features many different landscapes including woodland, heath, some small lakes and Europe's largest sand drifts.

Last edited:
Back