Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with RCBS Press

Problem with RCBS Press

Hey guys,

Just picked up a new RCBS Press from Sportsman in Newport, brought it home and set it up on my work bench but have trouble with getting the shell holder into the slot on the ram! Any ideas? I have both a RCBS shell holder and a Lee universal holder and neither will fit!

a little gentle pressue will see it home

mine was the same i just filed the flat on the shell plate to fit . put black pen or smoke it to show the point that is stopping it from going in. mine also would get stuck on the retaining clip so i made it fit

Think it would be best to try it myself or take it back to sportsman and get em to do it??

Pull the lever back to raise the ram slightly and simply push the shell holder in so that the retaining clip clips into place.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I give mine a good twist and it pops over that last sticky bit.

Had the same thing when mine was new, I polished mine to trim up, works a treat after that, perfect fit I think the tolerances are very accurate and close

check the spring clip in the top of the ram is seated correctly,

sometimes they are slightly out of alignment.......rotate to the correct position and bobs your best mate.

WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Even taking the retaining clip off the shell holder wont go into the slot, i even gave it a little nock to try and encorage it into place but had no luck!!

Take it back to SGC and accept no excuses.

RCBS are second to none in customer service. (I should have said "in my personal experience," including a Chargemaster saga in recent months).

I wonder if we can say the same for Sportsman?
    Last edited by charadam; 16-08-2013 at 12:02.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".