Swarovski Scope’s losing zero has this ever happened to you?

Glendine

Hi All,

I was talking to a gun dealer here in Ireland recently he stated that Swarovski scopes are regularly giving problems in regards to holding zero. He stated that he sold twenty in the last year and eighteen were return to Swarovski for repair due to not holding zero.

I have a Z6i and its gets used every week of the year and I never had problems
With the scope holding zero. Am I the lucky one what’s your experience?

Many thanks,
Glendine.

A member on here bobby boy had about 6 different z6i t his year all had problems with the illumination got his money back at the finish
​ Atb TomTom

Hi the older swarovski scopes were no problem think its the new ones did give some trouble if its the same dealer he has now changed his own scopes to zeiss

90% of Swarovski scopes faulty... Utter lies. The rigourus quality control would pick any faults up before dispatch.

Sorry but "i don't believe it".

both of mine have been returned to them for repair losing zero thought it was my shooting,not sure what problem was but it was to do with moderator SHOTZ

Thanks for the feed back everyone. Sadly I'm not getting the response I was hoping for as I stated I own a Z6i and never had problem. But after some of the replies on this I hope paranoia does not start to creep in.

Glendine.

both of mine have been returned to them for repair losing zero thought it was my shooting,not sure what problem was but it was to do with moderator SHOTZ

SHOTZ, When it came back is it working ok now?

Glendine.

sent one came back perfect never had any more problems same with second one i am told it only occurs when moderator are used

You should query this, there is no way a moderator would have any effect on a scope surely?!

I only have one Swarovski scope and its on my hard recoiling .45-70.... No problems at all!

A member on here bobby boy had about 6 different z6i t his year all had problems with the illumination got his money back at the finish
​ Atb TomTom

Did he check the mounts were tight?

Are you still using a Mod? If you are, surely it can't be the problem...

You should query this, there is no way a moderator would have any effect on a scope surely?!

I only have one Swarovski scope and its on my hard recoiling .45-70.... No problems at all!

You'll be using good quality mounts then?

The Lad i Stalk with had to return his Z6 last year due to it not holding Zero. It was on 6.5x284 fitted with a Brake.

Yorkie.

Every brand has its 'moments' - the better ones don't go into denial, but get it sorted. So rather than comment on brands, if I can pick up and have a chew on the moderator issue.

I have heard this said on and off for a few years now. I have never personally encountered it nor had anyone I could 'rely on' positively confirm it.

An aside - but the first guy I met claiming a moderator wrecked his scope was prepared to swear it on a stack of bibles. The 'strange' dents in the only partially opened sliding doors to the quad shed and the snapped off horizontal rifle mount brackets hinted at the moderator actually being to blame - but not the way he meant! ;)

Spring powered air rifles can be very hard on scopes and heavy scopes a swine to mount without ring slip. Its not the recoil per se, but the rapid 'double shuffle' shift in direction. Is it possible that a similar effect is obtained when a moderator is fitted? Possibly ( if it is ) compounded by an increasing fashion for heavier and more complex scopes?

Several thousand factory 308 rounds, with moderator and a couple of 'oops drops' on and the course Sako 75 with Swaro 6x42 ( steel tube ) chugs boringly on and on and on and on. But I'm an idiot 'cos no one wants fixed power scopes no more! :old:

I have a Gen I Z6i, and have never had a problem with the zero since I first zeroed with this ammo some 12 months ago.

I did have an issue with the illumination coming on by accident, but a quick email to Swaro ended with an FOC plastic thingy that covers the on/off switches when I'm not using them.

Back