Fox Calls DIY.

Nobleman

Does anyone still make their own Fox or Predator calls these days rather than buy off the shelf stuff, Their used to be a guy on I think it was an Airgun Forum many years ago who made his own Fox Callers and they were excellent, They were made from very basic materials and cost hardly anything to make, I not knocking the new products we have on offer these days because some of it is very good, but back in the day so to speak they didn't have that choice like we do now so was just wondering if you could still make something yourself that does the job just as good.

Last edited:
still got my lollystick and vid tape fox call but now use the same thing but plastic body £10 :doh: or back of hand free and aways with me :rofl:

2 ice lolly sticks, slightly pared down by about 30% over about 2".

1 ribbon of thickish plastic sheet just a smidgeon (2 gnats cocks) narrower than the sticks.

2 elastic bands.

Make a sandwich with the plasic sheet as the filling.

One lacky band at each end, about 1/2" outside the thinned part of the sticks.

Squeeze and blow with the contraption held in your teeth.

Adjust the squeeze of your teeth and the position of the lacky bands to suit.

Shoot the fox.

Preferably using a 6.5x55 Swedish (for reasons of good taste).

2 ice lolly sticks, slightly pared down by about 30% over about 2".

1 ribbon of thickish plastic sheet just a smidgeon (2 gnats cocks) narrower than the sticks.

2 elastic bands.

Make a sandwich with the plasic sheet as the filling.

One lacky band at each end, about 1/2" outside the thinned part of the sticks.

Squeeze and blow with the contraption held in your teeth.

Adjust the squeeze of your teeth and the position of the lacky bands to suit.

Shoot the fox.

Preferably using a 6.5x55 Swedish (for reasons of good taste).
Do you really think foxy will mind? lol

two crappy PAYG phones!!
cheap battery powered speaker ball
free calls off t'interweb

​or Mk1 Pair of lips

Throw a couple of empty 12g hulls into the fire,retrieve after all plastic is burnt,knock the primers out and then by using your thumb inside one of the brass ends you can stretch the annealed brass until the other one fits inside. Give it a smack with the hammer to tighten right up or experiment on the depth of seating for different tones. I have called reynards in with my home made one.
The long Winchester type brass allows for more flexibility of length too.

Back