Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: knife

After dealing with my first three carcasses i have concluded my current knives are not up to the job so looking for recomendations for a good general purpose/gralloch knife. And a good boning knife. I hear mora are good and reasonably priced?
    I have always used buck knives and opinels for rabbit and hare, but i must confess i did struggle with them today...perhpas they just want a good sharpening.

These are pretty good, not expensive and not easy to lose given the high vis.
    Some are carbon steel so if you want a stainless (which I prefer) check carefully before you buy.
    Fiendishly sharp out of the box too.

Re a boning knife, these are good...very, very sharp. Don't go fast with one of these unless you have the protective gloves etc.
    Last edited by private fraser; 17-08-2013 at 18:39.

Hi there

We are a Mora main dealer & can offer a wide range of larder knives at decent prices..

A range can be seen on the following link

Rob for quality stalking & shooting accessories

Hi Rob,

Sorry I didn't check your site for the Mora...doh!
    Your price is a lot better, and I think I got one from you at the Kelso show.
    All the best.

That wee Mora orange job is sold down here under the Bachco label and has attained almost cult following

Form in the field, Hultafors craft knives, as you can afford to mislay them, which you will do, at under £10 each it is not such a blow.

For in the larder, try the Taylor's Eye Witness Professional range.
    The boning knives (various models) are around £20 - this Brand of knives was voted a 'Best Buy' by the Which? Consumers association at a third of the price of the other 'best buys'.
    A few wisdom's:
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men
    • If you can get closer, get closer.
    • If you can get more stable, get more stable.

Hultafors craft carbon steel blade under a fiver on BDS web site. Very good edge on them and orange handle. Cant go wrong.

I use the orange handle moraknife for everything now even thought I have a buck vanguard and woodsman-use and abuse and then sharpen on the lansky at 20degs.

Take a look here & you'll probably find what you want. ATB

Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!