Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ironman to Copperman again

Ironman to Copperman again

Hi Guys

Yep I'm still around contrary to popular belief.
    Just completed an Ironman triathlon in Italy to raise money for the local air ambulance.

Now I can relax on the training(20hrs a week) I have been filling the chiller with venison.

I shot this buck at dawn offhand @ 90m (he had a bad infection too his nether regions) so it was a bit of a Hail Mary shot that required a second back up.

Just for interest I managed to dig the second bullet out of the clay for those interested.

Are those mono copper bullets you are using? If so, what type and how do you find them?

Hi Mole

Yes they are monolithic. A friend on mine makes them in Germany. You can google Kupferjagdgeschoss (KJG), a Gucci version of the Barnes TSX.,62-mm/308-Win.htm
    They are quite expensive but meat damage/contamination is minimal so they pay for themselves quite easily.
    I only hunt with these bullets,in the following calibers 0.30 cal/7mm/ 0.375 and 0.458.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkH
    a Gucci version of the Barnes TSX.
    I'm still ploughing through my stock of the TK Maxx variety. No more pre-minced shoulders to contend with and consequently that much more meat on the table.

Cupric Iwrch

Well done mate
    fantastic achievement on the Iron man event and for a worthy cause
    Any chance of getting an email address for your mate as i could do with ordering a few boxes of heads to try out
    hav a feeling copper will be our future

Good to see you on here again Mark, good going on the ironman. all for a good cause.

Good effort Mark - well done. Although if you wanted to be really tough you could have done it those fancy leather pants.

Good to see you back Mark, well done on the triathlon.

Well Done Mark,

I did one myself (Austria 2006) I know what it takes in preparation.

Do you plan to do any more?

Well done.

Having done a few marathons I can imagine the work you've put in. Always quite fancied the idea of an ironman but as I swim with the style of a brick I dont see it happening any time soon.