Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .204 Ruger , A good choice ?

.204 Ruger , A good choice ?

Im thinking of going for a .204 Ruger for fox /long range vermin , maybe a Howa varmint / thumb hole stock , Im interested in opinions for and against this choice ,

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Johno100 View Post
    Im thinking of going for a .204 Ruger for fox /long range vermin , maybe a Howa varmint / thumb hole stock , Im interested in opinions for and against this choice ,

Thanks in advance.
    there are a few on here who actually have and use 20 calibers I am sure you will hear from them [dreckly] .........great calibre for vermin mine shoots better than I can

I have a Kimber Classic .204 it's alot more accurate than I am I feed mine 32gn Hornady Varmint Express Vmax - Simply Awesome

running a semi custom 20 tactical...................i am a mahoosive fan of this wee calibre and i have 2 shooting buddies who are out most nights with howa 204, can't fault them.

have fun

WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Stunning round and plenty of factory ammo about (or used to be).

SW Birmingham (Rubery Rednal)
    As above. I've had rifles in .204R for several years now and don't miss my .223 a bit.

My 22/250 hasn't been out of the safe for the two months I've had the 204. Fantastic velocity and accuracy with 10 grains powder less than the 22/250.

Mine is a new LW barrel on an old Sako action.

Have to say I am very impressed....

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

The first 204 Ruger I had was a Ruger 77 Mark II VT the one with the laminated stock and grey collored stainless barreled action . I actually shot the rifle before I bought it !

A friend owned it and had shot a number of fox with it and a few groundhogs . Anyway we went to the range one day when he started wanting to sell it and told me to shoot it !

I shot a five shot group at 100 yards with factory Hornady 40 grain V Max and to be honest the two stage trigger took a little getting used to and I think that first group was about 3/4" although the last 3 shots were in one very small hole .

I let the barrel cool and then shot another 5 shot group at 100 yards that was one ragged hole and measured a hair under 1/2" . All this was done with what I call a piece of shyte Simmons cope although it was 24x .

I ended up trading that rifle back to my friend . But the whole time I had it I tried numerouse handloads with Sierra , Hornady , Berger and Nosler bullets . And to be honest they all shot GREAT !

A couple years ago I purchased another on a Ruger #1B and while it shoots nowhere near as well as the 77 it's quite adequate and still alot of fun to shoot from the bench .

I won't sell the #1 but I have thoughts of a CZ527 HB in a 204 Ruger !
    GO Manny Pacquiao !!!
    Doubles , 6.5mm' s , 444 Marlin's , cast bullets , Sika Deer and the Philippines

I have a 204 ruger in a Howa action and a 1-10 twist shooting 40 grainers. Its so sweet to use and more accurate than my 22-250 with much less recoil and powder. You won't look back!

Eight replies and all in favor , no prizes for guessing what Im getting next.