Pelican Gun Case

joelewis055

So in need of an airline approved gun case and thinking that I might as well invest in a Pelican Case. Looking for a case to hold a combination of two guns (2 shotguns or 2 rifles or 1 of each). Over the next couple of years expecting to do a fair bit of airline travel hence the reason for buying something that will last and protect whats inside!

Anyone got any feedback on which model would suit my needs? Any other information regarding Pelican gun cases would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Joe

Hi Joe

I went through exactly this a couple of weeks ago in preparation for a hunting trip in sunny Sweden.

I got in touch with this place: http://www.waterproof-cases.co.uk They were very helpful over the phone and have every size in stock, but as they were quite local to me, I went over to have a look.

I would definitely recommend the Peli 'Storm' over the original Peli (I have quite a few Peli cases for instrumentation, sat-phones etc). The catches are friendlier and they save weight whilst still being incredibly robust.

I came away with a Peli Storm 3300, a 2050 for ammunition and a set of locks and they had everything in stock.

regards

​Ian

Hi Joe

I went through exactly this a couple of weeks ago in preparation for a hunting trip in sunny Sweden.

I got in touch with this place: http://www.waterproof-cases.co.uk They were very helpful over the phone and have every size in stock, but as they were quite local to me, I went over to have a look.

I would definitely recommend the Peli 'Storm' over the original Peli (I have quite a few Peli cases for instrumentation, sat-phones etc). The catches are friendlier and they save weight whilst still being incredibly robust.

I came away with a Peli Storm 3300, a 2050 for ammunition and a set of locks and they had everything in stock.

regards

​Ian

Thanks Ian, this was exactly the repsonce i was looking for. Was unsure about the Peli vs. Storm, but your rational seems pretty logical. What i will probably do is give that stockist a call and see if they can match my requirements.

Out of interest, did you cut the foam or leave it as is?

Thanks!
Joe

Glad I could help. :) It was explained to me that Storm was a separate company until swallowed by Peli (I think I got that right!)

I had a friend of mine (who is more dextrous than me) cut the foam to the shape of the rifle with a separate cavity cut for the moderator. I bought this longer case to accommodate my Sauer, but also bought some extra foam (about £30) so I can cut that to the shape of the shorter Sako when I travel with that.

They seem very helpful there. I recall that I spoke to Michelle who was very knowledgeable. They seem to deal with a lot of shooters and weren't fazed when I turned up to try things for size.

regards

​Ian

Back