Thread: Travel to Poland with firearms ?

Travel to Poland with firearms ?

Evening Gents
    Have any of you travelled to Poland (Gdansk airport in particular) with a rifle and ammo ?
    If so, how did you find the experience ? it again or too much hassle ?
    Many Thanks

Been to Poland with a rifle a couple of times - including Gdansk. No problems at all - very easy.

I would AT ALL COSTS avoid a transit in the UK - particularly Heathrow. You can possibly get Aberdeen - Frankfurt - Gdansk? Schipol may also be a problem - you need a Dutch customs form to get filled, sent to Schipol and sent back 'stamped'.

I went via LHR - never again.

many thanks kuwinda
    very useful info

I dunno if they go but I went to South Africa with Virgin - a doddle. Happily my stuff was booked through all the way from Edinburgh so that, even though I went through Heathrow, I didn't get involved there. It can be a bloody nightmare.

Schiphol can be bloody awful. One of our guys "lost" his guns for two weeks. Eventually he reported them stolen. Miraculously found immediately. Try and avoid it. Take the bus!!!

I've been to Poland 3 times now but from Heathrow to Berlin then onwards by minibus. Heathrow is a bit of a ball acher but they eventually get the job done, just allow at least 3 hrs before your departure time. Berlin is excellent. Twice now the police asked us where we were hunting, what calibres we used etc and were hunters themselves and genuinely interested. I believe polish airports are much the same as Berlin after speaking with friends who have flown there.

have travelled to Poland several times at the boar, no prob at Gdansk air port, do it again no bother . all the best

Thanks to all for very useful advice