Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3 improvements???

Tikka T3 improvements???

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering what can be done to a Tikka T3 .243 to improve the rifle in terms of accuracy? Or is there anything that can be done?

Dont mind spending a bit of cash but I guess there will come a stage at which there is no real point!

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

If you're using factory ammo find a brand that it likes and that should be plenty good enough. And you can lighten the trigger a bit if that helps.

Have a look at ukgunworks

My take is that the barrel is the most important part of a rifle. A proper match grade barrel makes a big difference. (does not have to be a heavy barrel)Stock comes second, bedding third. No time or money for a new barrel or stock, start with bedding, check crown and find suitable ammo.

My T3 Lite in 243,totally standard,nothing more I can do,but these are my goups with my reloads.
    Attachment 31576

Tikka T3 needing accurizing - you have to be kidding - mine shoots sub 1 MOA groups with a variety of reloads.

Quote Originally Posted by hairlesshunter View Post
    Have a look at ukgunworks
    RovinceUK distributors of the Rovince range of professional Anti Tick ​clothing.

Tune the trigger and replace the stock with a good quality after market one. Both of these made a marked difference to my T3, which now shoots 3/4" groups all day long.

No amount of 'shiny bling' will improve the accuracy.

Maybe I'm lucky, but my t3 in .243 has shot 3/4 moa with factory sst since day one. Only thing I have done to it is adjusted the trigger a bit lighter (not replaced any springs or anything just had a shop adjust it for me which took about 15 mins).

thought this was standard for a tikka, but as I say maybe just lucky. I'm certainly not an accurate enough shooter to warrant spending any money on bedding etc etc, as the improvements I'd see in accuracy would be minimal.

palmer_mike if your luck i must be gifted, i have had 5 tikka t3 and each one of them is very capable of "clover leafing" if i did my bit (.223 .22-250 .243 .308 7mmRM). as said before try some different ammo but your rifle should be able to shoot very good groups out the box (good enough for hunting)