Wildlife seen whilst out Deer Stalking

Lakey

Hi All,

As we all know there is more to deer stalking than killing deer, and sharing our stalking outings with a wide variety of other wildlife is a big additional attraction of the stalking life.

I thought I would invite members to post photographs of other wildlife, taken whilst out deer stalking. I for one always have my camera at the ready, especially up deer seats to snap away at whatever catches my eye, whilst waiting for deer to come along. I'll start the ball rolling with a few of my pictures.

P1030166.jpg

P1030171.jpg

TEW03093631_00195.jpg

TEW03093631_00115.jpg

CNV00188.jpg

Please feel free to post any pictures you have taken whilst being 'about the woods'

All the best

Lakey

Some nice pics there Lakey, I really must invest in a new camera :D, saw my first badger yesterday evening, a definate camera moment but alsas no camera.

Many years ago I had a Yank out on a mountain for Reds and we saw a Golden Eagle being `mobbed` by a pair of Buzzards.
He did not appreciate what he was looking at.

HWH.

I would love to see a wild Golden Eagle one day. We do get Hen harriers down south in the late Autumn and Winter. Two of our specialities down south is Hobbies and Nightjars, we get a few of them but they move way too fast to get a good picture !!! :lol:

Please feel free to put up any pictures you get..........

All the best

Lakey

Lakey,

What kit did you use to take such superb photos?

The fox still is one of the best I have ever seen, and the dragon fly is an excellent composition. Well done, do you sell them if not you should.

D

No photos, but i saw a pair of Golden Eagles being mobbed by crows whilst picking up the thermals on a mountain side when stalking on Malcs ground last week, and then another one which would have been the same one as Andy and fests.
I also spotted a black cock (no jokes please) :lol: in the regen area. Me and Waldy spotted it and then it flew off. First time i`ve seen one. Fantastic. :p There was also a hen Harrier flew over whilst on another stalk too.

wadas

OK, I admit I wasnt stalking.

Although I was wondering what calibre would be needed for the first one.

new004.jpg

new009.jpg

I didn't get a photo, but I spotted a pine marten whilst out with sikamalc on the SD stalking last week.

Gez

Hi Cyres,

Thanks for the kind comments. I am not a professional photograher, just a keen amateur, or as I like to put it - 'A mud on the wall man... ( If you throw enough mud at the wall, eventually some of it sticks!) or in other words - If you take enough photo's, some of them turn out OK.

The Camera I use is a Panasonic DMC-FZ18, (18 X zoom) digital bridging camera, which I bought afte reading a write up in WHICH magazine.It is easier to use than an entry level DSLR, and the high zoom, and fully automatic features ensure good results (Most of the time :lol: )

The shot of the fox, was taken out of a high seat, and the fox had been hanging about the corner of the field for a while early in the evening. I was waiting for Sika at the time.

The Dragonfly was snapped as it sat in the hedge,when I was on my way back from a Roebuck stalk about 10.30 in the morning on a very bright sunny day, just happen to see it and had enough time to get the camera out of my pocket and snap a few shots off.

I am fairly happy with my results so far ( only had the camera about 15 months) however just when you think you are doing OK, along comes L.D.G and posts one of the best pictures of a Fox I have ever seen!!!

So now I am gong back to the drawing board to try and do better :cry:

Keep posting the pics up

lakey

the mutt

what the f**k is that?were you on a hunting trip to africa?is that one of them new undiscoverd creatures that appear every 200 years or so!! for f**ksake feed the turtle to the poor soul below him!!!

Back