Cull shooting in the SW.

I will give you a hand if you are struggling Ian i recon i could get by on £140 a day but i will bet the locals would need more cash than that get the Scots lads down we wont cost you as much mate.

L.D.G said:
I will give you a hand if you are struggling Ian i recon i could get by on £140 a day but i will bet the locals would need more cash than that get the Scots lads down we wont cost you as much mate.

:) Thanks for that very generous offer! :)

Trust a Jock to notice that I hadn't specified that you pay me - and not vice-versa!!

Rgds

Ian :p

Ian

So we are looking at 2 days @ £140 per day shooting and 2 nights @ £35 per night.

Totaling £350.00 for the trip barring trophys.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Ian and Jo

If i hadnt had the expense ( I do apreciate it was minimal because of Malcs and Jaybs generosity ) 0f the SD Scotland trip i would definately have liked to have taken you up..

Im off this weekend with Clive Cleaver for a good Fallow fingers crossed..

£350 Capped for a gold Sika/Fallow is a bargain.. And the accomodation/lodge is first class as is the company...

You wont have any problem filling your places and hope to see you both in the near future

ATB

Terry

Ian

I'd be interested in this for some of the time I'm in England. What area will the hunting be situated?

PM if you would prefer to keep it on the quiet.

Cheers

Mark

does not sound expensive , are the outing limited to 3 hours ,high seat only ?, what am i expected to see a outing deer wise.
the next 3 weeks will be ok on most ground till the full moon then quite till late jan.

Hi IG,

Just to give you a better flavour, the ground we are intending using is pasture surrounded by 900 acres of thick and extensive cover. Much of it woodland/ancient common while the rest is nature reserve. The understorey has been almost completely grazed out by the deer!

Nett result is a constant feed of animals coming out from cover to graze on pasture, especially as the available foodstuff reduces in the cover. Whilst moon state may well have an effect - it is fair to say that animal movement on this area is consistentily very high.

I would estimate the breakdown to be 70% Fallow / 20% Sika / 10% Roe (no Roe to be shot on this estate). There are sounders of Wild Boar regularly seen - one being shot most months. These are increasing in numbers and will only get to be more of a problem.

Herd numbers I have recently seen on the ground vary from 6 - 80 deer.

Morning and evening outings are limited by shooting light and animal activity. Midday, the activity is almost nil, so we do not waste your time.

With four shooters on the ground, I usually end up stalking one beat with the remaining three shooters being seated. The shoot starts with you drawing your 'pegs,' the guns move location each session.

Numbers? Well the last party consisted of only three shooters, they took a total of 11 beasts in four sessions. A pretty good average!

If you are based in NI or Eire, the easiset link would be a flight into Exeter. We are forty minutes drive from the airport - Bristol being about an hour in the opposite direction.

Hoping this takes your fancy and looking forward to hearing from you.

Rgds

Ian :)

Cull Stalking

Hi Ian
What dates are you looking at? You have my e.mail as I shot with you first week of August. Drop me a line as dependent on dates would like to get down again. May also be able to bring others along. All hold DSC 1 as a min.

Hi SH,

Good to hear from you again - I have sent you a mail which also includes another offer, just released for Clients who have previously stalked with Jo & I!

Congrats to PheasantSniper for booking within two minutes of receipt! :)

Rgds

One place available on the next shoot - see lead post for details.

Finnbear 270 finds true love in Dorset!

DSCF3065800x600.jpg

Rgds

Is Finnbear trying to sqeeze another one out into the tray behind him :confused:
Nice beast and i do mean the upside down one,congratulations.

Re: Cull shooting in the SW. Sika/Fallow/Wild Boar - UPDATED

IanF said:
*** ONE PLACE STILL AVAILABLE ON 23RD / 24TH NOVEMBER SHOOT - PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE ABLE TO JOIN US ON THIS DATE ***

Ian

Are the shoots always a Monday and a Tuesday?

They are my busiest days. :cry:

Jeffers,

No Sir, any dates are available & I will book whatever folks require - I can always work around a party given enough notice.

Midweek dates are preferred for the simple reason that many of my individual stalking/training Clients can only get down at the weekends.

Rgds

Folks,

Just 'updated' to show the next cull details.

Anyone able to attend, please drop me a PM and I can confirm detail.

Keep well & have a Merry Stalking Xmas! :)

Rgds

Ian

Back