brno zkw 465 22 hornet stock question

Ben410

Brno zkw 465.

Hi all, I have the above rifle in 22 hornet, I am very pleased with it and shoots really well with 35g v max, 40g vmax and 40gr sierra hp. The only issue I've got is the stock is a fraction too small and would love a thumbhole for it. Obviously this is an old rifle but i was wondering wether a cz 527 stock will fit it with a bit of tinkering? I believe that this rifle is the fore runner for the 527 hence the question.

If anyone has got a picture of a 527 action or a picture of the action void in the stock I would love to have a look and see if mine will fit. The current stock on it has been redone by the previous owner and pillars have been added, it's also the double trigger version which makes the trigger a joy to use.

I would value your inputs.

Cheers
Ben

Last edited:
Ben

I too have the same model 22 hornet.
I cant help you with your question about the 527 stock being sutable. However have you checked out Boyds Gunstock Ind. They may list one.
Maybe Muir would know?

Multiman, I ve looked at boyds and they dont list anything for the brno only 2 mauser types dont know if they'd fit. Would make my rifle superb as I do like a thumbhole.

B

Having seen both rifles side by side I would say it isn't going to be an easy swap.
On the up side it is going to be remove wood and not try and fill gaps in.

Neil. :)

Top shot of 527 Hornet stock.

give joe west rifle stocks a bell.

http://joewestriflestocks.com/

he is on ukvarminting forums as "dorg" I believe .

im sure he could knock summit up to your spec and all he requires is your stock for a few days to do it....
I haven't used him but always very helpful when ive read his posts on other forum and guys seem happy with work

paul

Cheers for that Paul, that definitely may be an option. They look great and he's going to the midland game fair as well which I m going to.
Cheers
B

B

I looked up Boyds and they list some for the CZ. May Joe west would be the esier option. Keep us posted

Will do mate, obviously boyds would be the cheaper option but I don't mind paying for good British made gear.
As I said hes going to be at the midland so I will definitely be having a chat.
Cheers
Ben

Brno zkw 465.

Hi all, I have the above rifle in 22 hornet, I am very pleased with it and shoots really well with 35g v max, 40g vmax and 40gr sierra hp. The only issue I've got is the stock is a fraction too small and would love a thumbhole for it. Obviously this is an old rifle but i was wondering wether a cz 527 stock will fit it with a bit of tinkering? I believe that this rifle is the fore runner for the 527 hence the question.

If anyone has got a picture of a 527 action or a picture of the action void in the stock I would love to have a look and see if mine will fit. The current stock on it has been redone by the previous owner and pillars have been added, it's also the double trigger version which makes the trigger a joy to use.

I would value your inputs.

Cheers
Ben

Ben, in what areas do you feel the stock is too small? in addition, would you consider rebuilding the thumb fluting to give you the same effect as a thumbhole (or close to)?

just curious as I regularly do work on clients stocks to alter fit, and would be curious where/how you feel yours is not quite adequate.

best wishes

Peter

Peter, I feel that its not quite long enoug with regards to the length of pull I ll try and measure it up against the lop of my 455 hmr thumbhole which I find very comfortable and just right. With regards to adjusting the original stock I may be interested, got any photo s of what you ve done as an idea?
Cheers
Ben

Peter, I feel that its not quite long enoug with regards to the length of pull I ll try and measure it up against the lop of my 455 hmr thumbhole which I find very comfortable and just right. With regards to adjusting the original stock I may be interested, got any photo s of what you ve done as an idea?
Cheers
Ben

Hi Ben,

adjusting your stock is very easy, and LOP customization is far overlooked IMHO, and an easy job to do. different recoil pad, spacers, wood extension, etc. etc.

PM me your personal email address and I will send you a few photo's of various stock work I do and have done (my specialty).

kindest regards,

​Peter

Contact Joe West rifle stocks, look at the website, drool then speak to him. I have stocked my fairly recent Remington custom rebuild with one of his t/ hole stocks, brilliant. Next job is my .22 rim fire BRNO, 48 years old, shortened still accurate, another t/hole. Joe is brilliant to talk and deal with.

Back