First Night Out with NV

SussexFallow

Took the new NV out Friday along with a coulpe of mates off this site to a local farm. I decided to use as a spotter so the lads could get in on the action and flick the lamp on and do some shooting. We saw and shot 4 like this the last falling to a great shot of 188m. Leaving me on my own I took 2 more shooting with the nv. A total of 6 from 2 fields and a great night out !
ATB Steve

3 of 4 shot with a 243 . The last recovered in the swaths yesterday

Last 2 shot with nv and my 6x47 Lapua

Is it the way forward Steve or would you still want to go old school so to speak ?
Well done on a successful night out .
​norma

Yes paddy it is sport. Poor choice of word . Sporting would probably fit better as it changes the game dramatically. I won't be losing any sleep about all the poor Charlie's that will fall to my nv .
​Atb Steve

Yes paddy it is sport. Poor choice of word . Sporting would probably fit better as it changes the game dramatically. I won't be losing any sleep about all the poor Charlie's that will fall to my nv .
​Atb Steve

I agree that shooting the easy foxes is not very sporting, but you wait until they're all gone and you have to go after the difficult ones on foot. You'll need all the skills of daylight fieldcraft - but in the dark, as well as all the skills of using NV properly. It's like deerstalking, but blindfolded for most of the time. Now, if that isn't sporting, I don't know what is...

Back