Rifle clubs Midlands

pg2008

Not sure this is the right place to post but I am sure it will be moved it its wrong.

Anyway the point of this post.

Question. Are there any indoor shooting ranges near Nottingham or Leicester?

I am a member of the 10th Warwickshire rifle club but have to drive over an hour to shoot but it's all outdoors and weather dependant. So either looking for a more local indoor range or even looking to starting one.

I know Mike are Carlton Moore has an indoor range but agin that hours drive away.

Does anyone know of the legislation behind indoor ranges and planning, anyone interested in helping setting one up?

Is this just a stupid idea in today's world where shooting is a taboo subject...

Rambling ideas over feedback welcome.. I am sure it will be mixed and fully expecting it.

Pete

I was talking to a chap yesterday who owns an outdoor range about building a pipe range, he said the legislation about air changes within the range were very restrictive and he would not consider that option. Covered firing points is about as good as it can get for an outdoor range.

Pete, Try Swadlincote Rifle and Pistol club.
Google it.
20 mls from you?
Brilliant club and facilities! All Firing points under cover.
Fairly stiff probation but get your own key for all ranges and facilities except HV which are open Thursday and Sunday mornings due to restrictions.
Used to shoot Kingsbury military range so know how you feel about the open firing points and time restriction to Sunday am for 3 hrs.

I Have been told of one indoor range at Groby Leicester but do not know the details sorry. As above try Google
​paul

Pete, Try Swadlincote Rifle and Pistol club.
Google it.
20 mls from you?
Brilliant club and facilities! All Firing points under cover.
Fairly stiff probation but get your own key for all ranges and facilities except HV which are open Thursday and Sunday mornings due to restrictions.
Used to shoot Kingsbury military range so know how you feel about the open firing points and time restriction to Sunday am for 3 hrs.

Yes shoot at Kingsbury and Whittering but both out in the open, Whittering has only just reopened and it a short 25meter range and Kingsbury been up and down due issues, we are shooting there in a couple of weeks in the evenings..

Back