Rhino Rifles rebarreling - bloody good job, sensible price

Mauser66

I recently had an ancient .243 Sako rebarreled, rebedded and blued by Graham and Chris at Rhino Rifles and they've done an excellent job at almost half the price I was quoted elsewhere. Also I had the rifle back in just over a month rather than the interminable wait at Border Barrels and elsewhere.

Nothing was too small a job for them and the rifle is shooting half inch and often less groups with all my reloads. My biggest factory group was the 105gr GECO and that was still inside an inch. Spot on service and communication and an excellent job. The blueing is lustrous and thick - I have a brand new rifle, though it was originally made in about 1968.

I chose a Pac-Nor medium sporter profile barrel and what I cannot get over is the tangible difference in steel between it and factory rifles I've used. Even just tapping the barrel you can hear the difference. The bore is gleaming and smooth all the way through. Cleaning the rifle is such a doddle, though the barrel seems to pick up very little copper fouling.

Graham recommended the Jet-Z Compact moderator and he was right, it's far better than my previous T8 and PES moderators. Smaller and lighter too and doesn't seem to suffer rust problems. Really solid little moderator. Also there isn't that "ring" you get with T8s.

I've been down the riflesmith road several times before and came away feeling shafted and sore, but Rhino Rifles have done a great job for me. If I'd heard of them before I would have saved myself a lot of money and heartache over the years.

Very best,

Craig

Craig

Glad you are pleased with your new rifle.

They are a couple of superb lads and are not that known about.

They have made a couple of F Class winners too I believe. I feel their rep is gaining momentum quickly.

Your experience doesn't surprise me.

Would love to see any pics if you have them.

Also correct advice on the Jet Z by them.

Hi Craig,

Glad you have had a good result. I too would love to see the photos!

Just a quick question, Did you need to apply for anything re FAC to rebarrel?

I am looking to have my sako re barreled and have her put in a synthetic stock but am not clear as to whether I need to notify Plod!!

Many Thanks

Miles

M

If it is to be in the same calibre then no you don't have to notify them.

The Pac Nor barrels are excellent. Never seen a bad one over here and as you say they seem to be very easy to clean (internal finish very good then). They are also one of the easiest companies to deal with.
Hope the rifle continues to give satisfaction.

Regards

Gareth

what sort of prices if you don't mind me asking?

more then likely gone up a couple of hundred now because the 1st post was back in 2009.
know of a couple of people had barrels done by them. superb accuracy from there rifles.

i recently had my sako 22250 rebarrelled with chris and graham they give me some honest advise its now shooting quarter inch groups and less am really made up with the job they have done and i would reccomend them 100% to anyone. only took 4 weeks as well to get it sorted job well done at a ressonable price thanks alot lads. martin phythian

I've also found them very good for both screw-cutting and rebarrelling. Quick, precise and good value for money.

I recommend!

Hi Guys

Very good service indeed. They've built two rifle for me in .243 (black) and 7mm08(grey) - pictures attached including a 3 shot group from the 7mm08 at 100mThree shot group.JPGSide on 7mm08.jpgSide on .243.jpg.

FN

Sorry to be at odds with this thread,... but from personal experience, I had to have remedial works done also, without going on about it too much, a poorly made muzzle thread, without the required clearance behind the finished cut.Mike Norris

I have read on other forums that some of their work has been so poor it was a danger. Have a good look around before spending your cash with any web run buisness.

.........And I've see work from mike norris:(
1 mate's rifle, the trigger locked up.
another mate had a thread job, the chatter marks looked like a rat had chewed the barrel muzzle.

SWIFT PRECISION for me now.

.........And I've see work from mike norris:(
1 mate's rifle, the trigger locked up.
another mate had a thread job, the chatter marks looked like a rat had chewed the barrel muzzle.

SWIFT PRECISION for me now.

That's the first bad review of MN. Interesting.

Theres another thread on the airgun siteB*S . not good review to be honest , never had any work done so cant comment

Back