First buck of 2013

Jonher

Over here in Norway the roe buck season started on the 10th August, after several mornings and evenings without any action I finally managed to get my cross hairs on a nice little 6 pointer.

http://youtu.be/C0OqFKRWKuo

Before anyone says anything ;) the blood on the pic's below do not indicate the entry, this is just where I rolled the animal over to check the exit and got the coat covered in blood. The actual entry was a couple of inches behind the shoulder and the exit was in the front of the opposite shoulder.

And here's Geordie at 12 weeks having his first experience with a roe deer, he was a little bit sceptical at first and was barking but then jumped forward and started chewing on the leg :D

Before anyone says anything ;) the blood on the pic's below do not indicate the entry, this is just where I rolled the animal over to check the exit and got the coat covered in blood. The actual entry was a couple of inches behind the shoulder and the exit was in the front of the opposite shoulder.
Nice one, such a pity people have to explain things when they post videos/pics, what camera did you use to get the shot?
Thanks for posting.
Cheers
Richard

Well done!

Thank's Greg!

Nice one, such a pity people have to explain things when they post videos/pics, what camera did you use to get the shot?
Thanks for posting.
Cheers
Richard

Thanks Richard,

I agree, after getting several stupid comments in the past I just try to explain upfront to prevent them.

The video quality was not great as it was focusing on the trees, and I didn't have much time to fiddle around to correct it, then I forgot to zoom in for the second sequence so the kill shot was further away than I hoped, but anyway it's better than nothing.

Camera is a JVC GZ-EX210B, this is an HD camera and my video doesn't do it any justice, it's a great little camera for the money has a 40x optical zoom.

nice
interesting seeing the markings and physical characteristics of non UK roe.

no get some vids up of that dog!
trying to convince the wife that we need a teckel!

nice
interesting seeing the markings and physical characteristics of non UK roe.

no get some vids up of that dog!
trying to convince the wife that we need a teckel!

Thanks mate,

I'll try and get some vid's up of Geordie doing some tracking.

Back