Stalker Box

Beowulf

Hi All,
I have just recieved my copy of the Deer journal. In it is an advertisment for a 'Stalker Box'. Its basically a box full of cleaning products for the stalker to use on himself after gralloching the beast. It looked good so I got on the website. These little boxes cost between £70 and a £100! :eek:

www.cleanhand.co.uk

I think I will stick to boiling up my 'Kelly kettle' and using a nail brush, a plastic basin and good old soap! :D At least then I've some hot water left to make a cup of tea.

In case anyone is not familiar with a Kelly Kettle, its a double skinned metal cone with a chimmney at the top. You drop twigs and grass down the chimmney, light it and it heats the water between the double metal skin. Nice for a brew on the go! :p

A mate and I got talking to the lads on the Chelsea Hygiene stand at the Midland Gamefair last year. They seemed very enthusiastic about their products and were good enough to give us some free samples, but I've no doubt you could buy the gear a lot cheaper from a veterinary or agricultural supplier.

Beowulf
Kelly Kettle, Fantastic piece of kit mate, Ive had mine for years & its served me well. I kept it in the back of my old ex Camel trophy 110 defender. The defender was as battered as my kelly kettle. :D

Blimey Nick,
Me too! I drive an old ex army 110 and I live out of it! Rifles, dogs, ferrets, chainsaw, Kelly Kettle, wellies, tent everything's in it! :D I do like my kelly. I've got the big stainley flasks, but making a fire and doing your thing, be it gralloching a deer or hedgelaying; it makes the experience so much better!

Beowulf
Must admit it does seem to finish off a good day lighting it up & just sitting back watching the smoke bellow out then brewing up :D
You cant beat it on a winters day mate :D

Beowulf
My Old 110 was support vehicle number 13 from the 1996 Kalimantan Camel Trophy event. 13 some say is an unlucky number, It was for this vehicle as it ended up on its side on the event. It was well battered when i bought it & there wasnt a straight panel on it. I left it with the event scars on it & just sorted out the mechanicals & it was great :D it was always full up with camping & shooting stuff.

I get loads of stick from the guys at work about my truck. They like flashy cars. I tell them all the time that I have nothing to prove to anyone, my Landy gets me where I want to go and keeps me there! Its a working vehicle not a penis extention!

come on lads
this is about hand cleaning products not about pillfering kelly's kettle :lol: by the way she wants it back or about tatty old landies i think the site your after is www.tattylandies4campingandstuff.com :lol: :lol:
i agree with 325wsm but nothing wrong with abit of oil of ulay just to keep the skin soft as some grasses are a bit harsh :oops:
on a more serious point i usualy hav a few pairs of latex gloves just to help keep thing a bit cleaner and higeinic especaily on the hot dry days

I get some pretty heavy duty latex gloves from work, There more like gauntlets really & do the job well. Think there made by 3M :confused:
also i find carbolic soap works great at getting blood off its just getting hard to find now. Think boots has stopped selling it now as well.

Hi Stone
Them kelly kettles are great mate. kelly kettle kelly kettle kelly kettle kelly kettle, You know you need 1 :D

Yeah Stone you big girl! Why don't you just take off your clothes and rave on about Dove soap on telly you Wench! :lol: Kelly Kettle...kelly kettle kelly....kettle! :lol:
I don't use rubber gloves, I like 'skin on skin' Yeah baby! :eek:

Guys, I am looking at these kelly kettles on the net now and i must be thick but cant see you you make the damn thing work.

Hi Ssgpiv,
Make a fire out of old tyres, pour over twenty litres of parafin, stand well back and say good bye to your eye brows! :lol:
No really its very simple. Its two cones wielded together, you put water in between them; through a small opening. Make a small fire in the centre and then when it boils scream and shout when you go to pick it up! Get one they are great. I liked it so much, I brought the company! :D

i borrowed one of these once ,my mate said fill it full of paper and sticks light it then pour water into it and wait for it to boil, so like a good boy i did exactly what he said ,had this roaring fire coming out the top ,poured the water in and it put the flames out so thinking i had done this wrong started again followed his letter to the word and hey presto same again so that was it down the cafe full english and 2 mugs tea :D
failed to say light the fire in the under compartment :oops:

Nice one stone. How long did it take to get your cup of tea. I use a gas stove which cost £9 and a pan which i then use to make lunch. However I have made a shower and yes, it works a treat

"Gas Stove? What is this perversity! By the ghost of Ray Mears its witchcraft! You must be in league with Lucifer ssgpiv! Burn the witch! Burn him! He is a man witch, burn him! :eek: :lol:

By order of the 'Witch Finder General, house and garden refuse, blocked drains and apocolyptic plagues, Mr Beowulf'. :lol:

Back