Night Vision for counting Fallow.

Uncle Norm

I have no knowledge or practical experience of the NV kit that is available for sporting purposes. I would like to be able to identify where groups of Fallow are feeding after dark and ideally to see whether there any prickets with the does and young. I would appreciate advice, based on experience, as to whether such monocular or binoculars are available at prices that would not break the bank and how effective (or not) some models are.

I took a gamekeeper out last night for much the same task as you have,we used my pvs14 and to say the keeper was amazed would be an understatment.He rang me this morning to find one for him.

I took a gamekeeper out last night for much the same task as you have,we used my pvs14 and to say the keeper was amazed would be an understatment.He rang me this morning to find one for him.

Thank you for the response, can you tell me what a pvs14 is and who stocks them please ?

If you are considering PVS money then the Starlight Archer is also an alternative but are both going well into 4 figures, and as you stated you did not wish to "break the bank" it depends how much you wish to spend.

Why not pop along to our Night Vision Expo this weekend in Carlisle and give the various units a try.

Regards

Paul

Back