Yugo Mauser 8 x 57 Project

multiman

Hi Im hopeing sombody on here can point me in the right direction.
I have decided to sportarise my yugo mauser as it does not have any real historic significance.

So far I have orderes a laminted stock from Boyds and im now looking for Help on where I can buy scope mounts? I would like to find weaver type bases that I would have to drill and tap the reciver. I want to fit a normal scope not a long eye relif one.

Maybe some of our American friends would know??

I think I have set of Leupold standard bases and rings for a Mauser. If you're interested gizza shout. Have them on approval, if they fit pay me, if they don't, send 'em back.

Just check the action length as some where in the back of my mind I am thinking that the M48 Yugo is not the standard length Mauser. I believe it's slightly shorter. Of course with two piece mounts this probably won't matter but it will effect a one piece rail.

Just check the action length as some where in the back of my mind I am thinking that the M48 Yugo is not the standard length Mauser. I believe it's slightly shorter. Of course with two piece mounts this probably won't matter but it will effect a one piece rail.

Brithunter

Good point I do think You may be correct. I think the centres on the action bolts are 1/4" shorter on the yugo.
I forgot about that

ATB Multiman

But of course, since you're going to need to drill and tap the receiver, it really won't matter: you'll be making your own hole spacing. I would advise against the rail anyhow. It will interfere with loading and ejection. A low, two piece mount would be better.

I like the Yugo M48's. I had two of them that I've since given away. They were the only 8x57's other than the Husqvarna sporters I own that had a true .323" groove diameter. I shot cast bullets through them with much success.~Muir

Back