Powder for 2 calibres

I was making a point, Einstein. :)
I thought it nicer than, "Get off your butt, pick up a reloading manual and have a look for yourself!" ...or the like.~Muir

Muir-
I get it. I can get all the info I need from a reloading manual, and forums like this where the more experienced share their experience are a total waste of time and you're wasting your time posting on them.

Claret- No offence taken.

Muir-
I get it. I can get all the info I need from a reloading manual, and forums like this where the more experienced share their experience are a total waste of time and you're wasting your time posting on them.

Claret- No offence taken.

Oh my! Was that sarcasm??
This isn't some complicated reloading question beyond the realm of a beginner. If you can get all the info you need from a reloading manual then you should do it. It is the definitive source for loading data after all. So yes, you are wasting your time by asking a question that 3 minutes of light weight research would have answered. ~Muir

If what you say is true then why the differences in opinion above? Maybe everybody on this side of the Atlantic isn't a massive intellect like yourself.

The biggest waste of time is arguing with yourself, and I'm getting a wee bit bored.

N150 works fine with 22-250 55grain but Viht's loading data indicates it's really only good for light bullets in the 270.

Initially, I'd have said you might get away with it based on my mix (22-250 / 30-06) which works fine on N150 / Varget / Re15 etc but looks like the loads would be sub-optimal by quite a way.

270: Products - Lapua
22-250: Products - Lapua

If what you say is true then why the differences in opinion above? Maybe everybody on this side of the Atlantic isn't a massive intellect like yourself.

The biggest waste of time is arguing with yourself, and I'm getting a wee bit bored.

You asked if one powder could be used in two cartridges. If you had a reloading manual, you could quickly see if that was true, the relative velocities and pressures involved in the (if any) use of that one single powder, and then wouldn't need a referendum. The performance and efficiency would be starkly evident. Either you don't have a manual or can't comprehend the data presented. Neither is a crime but they are deficits you should try to overcome if you plan on reloading much.

Sorry if you took offense to my tone. When I was first starting out and I asked a question that the experienced guys knew was in a loading book, they told me to find out for myself. I usually got my answer and learned a lot on the way to finding it. I'm an American. I can be gratingly abrupt but don't mean anything by it.~Muir

Muir

No bother I was just a bit grumpy the other day, you've shot more than I'll ever do, so I respect your experience. I've a couple of very good friends who live in USA as well, so I was speaking tongue in cheek.

I do apologise if this thread seemed a bit of a silly question, I did point out initially I am just starting out

James

Muir

No bother I was just a bit grumpy the other day, you've shot more than I'll ever do, so I respect your experience. I've a couple of very good friends who live in USA as well, so I was speaking tongue in cheek.

I do apologise if this thread seemed a bit of a silly question, I did point out initially I am just starting out

James

So'k Amigo. No harm, no foul. It's not a silly question but there are some excellent books on reloading that get into detail about powder selection as well as other related subjects. I have never read it, but people recommend "The ABC's of Reloading" for a good place to start. I like Lee's "Modern Reloading, Second Edition" (the latest version is 2011). There are others, too.

Much of reloading seems to be a matter of smoke and mirrors. There will be plenty to talk about here! ~Muir

Back