Springer spaniel deer dog

i use my cocker, but she stays in the truck until such time as I need her nose, as said, spaniels don't like sitting still long enough to be by my side whilst stalking!

I use a springer who understands every move, and will sit under a high seat all evening. She will track but I have to find her on the kill as she just finds it, there is no barking. I take her stalking reds as well and she walks at heal and will sit when I stop to take the shot.
She's also a good working spaniel and great for duck, she's got a great nose and often finds duck and pheasant missed by other dogs.
Only problem is she suffers a little hay fever if working is mid summer grass fields.

my old spaniel will sit in the truck until needed,

then when she has worked out I have the rifle so not looking for pheasant will find deer.

you guys must shoot a lot of deer or them dogs spend a lot of time in the truck.

My Springer never lets me down when ever I need him. I use him on pheasants and ducks mainly, but when ever I need him for deer he's always there.

Great dogs, used to work and breed them before the labs. You can keep all the rest labs and spaniels do everything you need!

Never seen a good spaniel yet:stir:

​Al

Let all the handlers in the forces and police, apart from all on the beat line, using them to save lives,find drugs,money,explosives know that they have dogs that are no good. After saying this you probably have not seen many good dogs at work!

My boy in action.

Jimbo

img027_zps5ebab094.jpg

Ya can't beat a snuffle hound, the big fella is my deer dog (he also does everything else) on the right is his mother and lying down is his litter sister. The photo was taken while picking up as you can see they are raring to go. :lol:

Jimbo

img040_zpsad72d063.jpg

Back