Available: BASC Arran stalking dates available

Simon Clarke

Official Member
BASC offers deer stalking opportunities on the Isle of Arran.

3rd September 2013…………….………………………………………immediate release

The Isle of Arran Deer Management scheme, organised by the UK's largest shooting organisation, the British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC), has places available for BASC members.

The scheme provides practical experience for BASC members who have completed the Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1 (DSC1) and will allow participants to work in pairs to stalk deer across extensive areas of land on the south of the island.

Participants who are working towards their DSC2 qualification may get the opportunity to gain some evidence to contribute towards their qualification. The scheme coordinator who supervises operations on Arran is an approved witness and is able to provide witness evidence for DSC2.

Alan McCormick BASC's head of deer management said: “The Isle of Arran Deer Management scheme is one of our most popular as it gives members the chance to stalk in a wide-ranging, challenging and beautiful environment. There are still spaces available on the scheme but I would advise anyone wishing to attend to book well in advance.”

Available dates for the scheme are as follows:

Stag week (7 – 11 October 2013)
Hind week 1 (28 October – 1 November 2013)
Hind week 2 (18 – 22 November 2013)
Hind week 3 (20 – 24 January 2014)
Hind week 4 (3 – 7 February 2014)

Stag weeks will cost £400 and the Hind weeks £250 per person. Applicants must have their own deer rifle, hold DSC1 and be registered for DSC2. For further information please contact the BASC deer department on 01244 573 047 or visit http://bit.ly/145NAvD

Wow - that looks fantastic!
Is there no way around the rule about applicants must have their own deer rifle?

Simon will the chaps with lev 1 need to closely accompanied by a lev2 to person and when a say closely i mean close as described by FCS on all their control leases,

Last edited:
This is a Awesome scheme. I've been going for the last seven years and I've never come away without a deer. The stalking is arduous but well rewarding when a shot presents its self.
Looking forward to getting back up there in a few weeks time. Fingers crossed. :thumb:

Back