please have a look and help needed with this please

gareth

starting a great new sight just as a hobby please have a look and join post any pics stories anything please

I'm kind of confused now? :confused:
You haven't done any stalking or a DSC 1 course and are serving as a rifleman in the army but you have managed to start your own deer stalking forum? :rolleyes:
Blimey! :eek:

What the F**K has a DSC1 got to do with anything?????It is just a money making machine for the likes of BASC

Dont start that again! - Yawn its too late in the day to go through the pro's and con's of the DC's!

T

re'M'ington said:
What the F**K has a DSC1 got to do with anything?????It is just a money making machine for the likes of BASC
What the F**K has your Ranting got to do with my post!? :evil:

If you read Gareths other posts he was after learning material to do his DSC 1 course. He was also after stalking and has had some experience but has had a break from it for some time understandably due to his career. It just seemed a little strange to me that someone in such circumstances should then introduce a rather smart looking website about deer stalking. Having PM'd him, I now know that he has more experience than his posts would suggest, although he has been away from it for some time. Unlike some people on here who seem to know everything from doing nothing, he is keen to learn and update himself with current practices after his time away. If he chooses the DSC 1 route then that is his choice. If you choose not to, that is yours. Every day is a 'school-day' with deer management/stalking, and the day you stop learning should be the day you give it up! I bet Mr Stag 1933 still learns stuff even though he may have forgotten more than most of us will ever know! :lol:
If you think you know everything, you 'crack on' mate. I don't know everything and never will. However, I am willing to continue to learn. ;)

Posessing obvious IT skills why not approach Malc or JayB in the pursuit of helping this an already great site.. ??

On the back of this new site is there a business agenda for advertising/stalking opportunities etc..

Im sure somebody will put me right but recon its a bit rude coming onto a site then after a couple of posts asking site members to nip over to yours..

Or is it a good thing having lots of choice ;)

Maybe im just still overtired from Scotland :oops:

Terry

Now don't take this the wrong way but, I do feel I need to say it. I agree with Terry, I think it's a bit rude. I have no objections to Gareth advertising his site but it would have only been polite to have asked.

I have never seen a post on one site asking people to join another one before, if game had been involved I'm sure the poaching word would have been used :eek:

John

sorry

people i am so sorry i hadnt looked at it as poaching from another forum and feel rather guilty now in fact if people would rather then i will even remove the site i do apoligse for this and trust me im rather peeed of that i have upset people never ment for that just wanted to do something for a hobby again people let me know if you want me to remove the site and again im sorry gareth

If he is an IT expert, or any good at it, perhaps he could offer his servces to this site :) particularly as he is only doing his as a hobby ;)
I had to log on again and then when I finally got on lost the page again and it is still happening when posting items :(

No offence meant buy can't really see a reason to join the site. You're hosting a site in which it would appear you lack an extensive knowledge. One wonders how you would moderate such a site when there exists the possibility of so many, substantially more experienced members joining.

I teach a bit of web based design in my job and recognise the basic template approach so a suggestion - i'd be a bit careful about the graphics you're using. Are they your own or copyright free? Copyright litigation is becoming more common now in Europe.

reference above

with reference to the last comment i started the site of my own back tomake friends not enemies withing the shooting world and learn more from peoples experiances as well as my own i didnt realise making a sight would end up giving me so much grief and to be honest im loosing faith slowly if im honest gareth

Gareth, don't take it to heart bud, if you can't cope with the comments about your post, how would you expect to survive a week face to face stalking with guys & sometimes girls who expect everyone to withstand the craic, develop a little bit of "skin like a hippocroccapig", & you'll be ok! :lol: :lol: Steve.

cheers

steve cheers bud dont worry i can take it plenty of banter in the army bud just gotta keep me chin up and keep going tahnks anyway gareth

Have I been selected at random to receive a PM asking me to check out this new website or has everyone had one??

As previously stated, I think it's bad form using this forum to publicise your own and PM is a step too far :evil:

nope your not the only one ! :evil:

if i wanted to join his website , i would have already !

i erased it straight away ! :mad:

CHEERS LEE

Dear all,

When I first read Gareth's post I was amused a bit, then I thought about it and decided it was quite rude and bad mannered, and said as much in a previous post. Since then both Malcolm and I have received pm's from him. Now this pm does contain the word apology and go's on to say how he just wants to share knowledge etc with other stalkers and get into stalking, all laudable sentiments.

Now we discover that he has now been sending pm's to other site members encouraging them to go to his site. These are the actions of a stalker who just wants to meet like minded people? I don't think so. To me it appears to have a hidden agenda.

Malcolm and I have discussed it and we have decided that Gareth would be better off spending his time concentrating on his own site and the development of that, as he appears to be more interested in that that stalking. Hence the explanation to one and all as sending a pm to Gareth would prove useless as I am afraid he is now no longer a member of this site.

John

Back