Very Open FAC

Johno100

Ive just had my FAC back after a variation and the conditions seem to be more reasonable / workable than ever , I don't think I could ask for anymore !

FAC CONDS.jpg

Last edited:
I take it you don't have a .375 on there...

No but a similar powered caliber , it seems for once the powers that be realize that we generally know what we are on about and because we enjoy our sport so much would not be so irresponsible as use a mega caliber on small game or in a dangerous location/situation and risk loosing our FAC .

Bizarrely I have moderators but they are not mentioned in the conditions.

D&C quite sensibly, have for the last few years, used the term firearm rather than listing every last rifle and moderator in the conditions.
You now have what appears to be their standard condition wording.
Remember that moderators are classed as a firearm.

I hope so....i'll be asking for mine to be opened up shortly! that's if Surrey can be convinced that .375 is not JUST for dangerous game as their guidelines state. I'm hoping that i'll be able to use it for boar at least initially. A knockdown is a knockdown and i ain't gonna use an air rifle!

I have seen this several times in Scotland and in my oppinion its betterv that AOLQ which I have alse seen, This is the way going forward provided you have suitable ground for shooting on. Just my oppinion.

Wow deerstalker.308, you have 308 & 7.62, do the police know the difference?

Other that the ammo condition, would it make any difference if the other conditions were removed?

I have seen this several times in Scotland and in my oppinion its betterv that AOLQ which I have alse seen, This is the way going forward provided you have suitable ground for shooting on. Just my oppinion.

I have never had to specify what land I will be shooting on , its my responsibility to decide where is and isn't suitable for which caliber , I guess its down to the fact that Ive held a FAC for a long while without an incident.

Back