WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

User00014

evening all ,

ive been offered a sauer 202 at TRADE :D with apel swing off mounts again at trade and mod trade , whats the problem i here you ask ?
well that means ill have to sell my beloved tikka t3 lite :cry: , the same rifle my wife to be bought me when i was hard up well border line bankrupt actually !
so it has a hell of a lot of sentamental value to it . plus ive had it not even a year yet ! she is a faithful old bus the rifle that is and i swore blind i wouldnt get rid of it untill i wore out the barrel.

just interested to see what other members would do in the same situation .

cheers lee

Bite his hand off!
A crackin rifle, although the T3 is a good one this is a cracker

Keep both if you can though

I don't think there is really an issue here you got to go with the best rifle now the sauer is nice i have mine and love it but it has its limitations eg 2inch at a hundred the tikka will go tighter i have no doubt but for the posing aspect the sauer is king.
yoot2007.jpg

that is what im thinking ! can you get apel mounts to fit a tikka t3 ? ive already got optilocks on the tikkka but obviously cant use that on the sauer but if i can get the same bases on the tikka and the sauer i shoud be able swing the old 8x56 S&B from 1 to the other , the mrs aint gonna wear a new rifle and S&B .

cheers lee

Clover leaf with Norma so I dont know what ammo your using to get 2 inches at 100yrds, somethings not right there and its not the rifle....

Hey Salmo the 202 outback i have is a nice rifle but it! has its limitations now i have had a tikka t3 and a few other rifles that will group tighter but that wont but there is always a trade off for weight. I certainly have no worries about using the rifle i save the clover leafs for the Irish leave the deer for my self. ;)

Anyway leec best of luck with your choice i am sure it will be the right one.

cheers for your input lads , i think im gonna keep the tikka if i can ill sell it as a last resort but one way or another the saur is coming home !

cheers lee

Can only say from a time in my boy racer years. I bought a beautiful black MR2 to replace my beloved red XR3i at 21 but after a week of love and happiness I saw that it was just a car like the last one.

My point is that your Tikka is a top rifle and the sauer may seem a bit more sexy but that Tikka with do whatever the sauer can. Having said that if your mind is made up, best of luck

8)

p at b

thats thrown the cat amungst the pigeons ! i whole heartedly see your point . well all i can really say is lets see what happens when ive got a couple of grand in my hands . lol

cheeps lee

As i can see it
you already hav a trusted rifle that you know and presumably are capable of using to good affect
why change ???
the sauer may not suit
where are you then??
it also may well be the best gun ever
but if the OH put trust in you and you are happy with the end result then why the hass ;)
if and when you become more flush then might be the situ to change or buy another rifle
choice is yours
but why fix that aint broke just because of a name :confused:
just my thoughts

stone said:
As i can see it
you already hav a trusted rifle that you know and presumably are capable of using to good affect
why change ???
the sauer may not suit
where are you then??
it also may well be the best gun ever
but if the OH put trust in you and you are happy with the end result then why the hass ;)
if and when you become more flush then might be the situ to change or buy another rifle
choice is yours
but why fix that aint broke just because of a name :confused:
just my thoughts
I fully agree with stone.
You could be buying into something that doesn`t work for you.
Me? I love my Steyr, the Z6i and i only just like my other half :lol:
But honestly, i wouldn`t change any of them.
basil.

Call me old fashioned but a gift is not something you get rid of, you keep it, cos people put a lot of thought into what they gave.

Now I appreciate were not all the same, but if I had bought you a rifle when you were really down on your luck because I cared enough about you for you then to go and get rid of it at the first opportunity, I would be pretty p*ssed.

just my 2 [sentimental] cents worth :lol: :lol:

Keep the T3, tell the other half, "The gun shop is advertising it for me" 8) , in the mean time, you have the 202 :D , after a couple of months, tell her "I can't understand why it's not selling" :eek: , she will tell you just to keep it 8) .

I assume you are going to get the 202 in a different caliber than your current T3?

So long as after you initially mention it, you never bring it up again, Bob's your uncle.

TJ

Rangefinder said:
Call me old fashioned but a gift is not something you get rid of, you keep it, cos people put a lot of thought into what they gave.

Now I appreciate were not all the same, but if I had bought you a rifle when you were really down on your luck because I cared enough about you for you then to go and get rid of it at the first opportunity, I would be pretty p*ssed.

just my 2 [sentimental] cents worth :lol: :lol:
I have to concur with the above, I would be loathe to lose the gifted rifle, shame on you! :rolleyes:

I missed the other posts so, I think that a Roe sack full of hurt feelings is an empty one, sorry if this sounds a bit sentimental but isn't a good life based on sentiment & trust. :eek:

If you have to ask you already know the answer :eek: If you can't justify to yourself you can't expect us lot to. You have a good gun that works well and is accurate, given to you by someone who cares about you when times were difficult. Now you have the chance of a piece of exotica, in some peoples eyes.

The truth is you do not need the other gun, you want the other gun, why? you know it is a gamble, you have heard from other people that the groups may or may not be as tight as you would like.

If you were getting another calibre and keeping your T3 then not a problem, getting rid of the T3 for the new gun, if it ain't broke don't fix it. If you are now flush and want to spend some cash, then take your good lady somewhere nice, spend the cash on her, you know it makes sense :D

John

well gents the problem is solved !

i have been in confrence with the wife to be even though she is in austrailia , i have full approval for the sauer in .270 with a new 8x56 S&B provided she can come stalking too provided i dont sell the tikka !

her exact words were - well as its all coming trade saving a lot of money you may as well have it , then i can use it ! plus your were not going to be able to afford it once we have a family :lol:

i knew i was going to marry her for a reason :) :) :)

cheers for all your input lads

atb lee

Back