Thread: Cumbria and GMP firearms Superb service

Cumbria and GMP firearms Superb service

Despite the bad press that many firearms depts. get I have nothing else but praise for the above departments. My brother recently passed away and left his shotguns and rifles to me, he had a section 5 pistol amongst the arms in his safe. I approached Cumbria firearms to see what the process was to hand in the section 5. They authorised me to access his safe and transport the pistol from his house to the local firearms dept. the next day. (sensible). They said that they would prepare a section 7 certificate to cover me for posssesion of his other firearms until I could have them transferred to my certificate. This was ready for me the next day.
    On applying to GMP, after a couple of phone calls to check the procedure for the transfer, I had a call from GMP only to check that I had put in place further storage for the additional firearms, (I had ordered another safe). The new safe was checked and passed as suitable. All of this took less than a week.
    At a time of geat difficulty for myself I would like to thank.
    Pamela Walker. Cumbria and
    John Atherton. GMP
    for their speedy and sympathetic service during a very difficult time
    Oh. BTW. the variation was returned with AOLQ on my centrefires.

Last edited by Noah; 03-09-2013 at 19:28.

Cumbria are `cream of the team`, I have dealt with them since 1951 when I got my first .22 rimfire. [ BSA Sportsman 15 which cost me £9 10 shillings new ! ]

I must say that GMP have always been pretty good in my 10yr experience of them, but that over the last few years they've been doing extremely well.

The last dealing I had with them was a variation request, and the FAC was back with me in five working days!

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    Cumbria are `cream of the team`, I have dealt with them since 1951 when I got my first .22 rimfire. [ BSA Sportsman 15 which cost me £9 10 shillings new ! ]

Good to hear some positives about FAC processing especially considering what must have been a difficult time for you. Well done Cumbria and GMP.

I've no experience with Cumbria but +1 for GMP, I know John Atherton quite well and he is a genuinely nice guy.
    I don't think I've ever had a variation or renewal take more than a week

John Atherton???

Is he our new FEO?... I heard Joe.F was retiring this year
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Good afternoon, just wanting to praise the service from Cumbria Constabulary, sent my renewal paper work off on the 20th November and in 2 weeks had my cabinet inspected and serial numbers checked on firearms and also new licence sent out in my possession. Not bad going if i do say so myself.