Going Rate for Stalking Lease & Carcass Value

tjm160

I appreciate there are a lot of variables, but can anyone put a "going rate" on a stalking lease with ~20-head of deer over 450 acres?

Also (and again I appreciate there are a lot of variables), but is there a "going rate" for a deer carcass (with a game dealer)?

Apologies in advance if these are sensitive or dumb questions.

Roe and Muntjac and sorry, I'm totally wet behind the ears and soaking up all possible info. I'm seeking to get DSC1 booked in next few months, but the questions arise around my present permission.

Anywhere between £2.50kgfor roe and a bit less for Mounties about £40ish a carcasses for roe and£15to£20for Mounties the FC work out the price at about £100per beast but I would say anywhere between £3and £5peracre depending on how manyeople are after said lease

Thanks Tom that's most helpful. Spoke to Farmer again today and think we have a prospective agreement.

lol, very funny. We're going to share proceeds 50:50 (rabbit, hare, pigeon, pheasant now and deer once the present lease runs out), with no lease charge (the person with the rights this year has totally cleaned the place out for now anyhow).

lol quite the contrary, he told me to put the money from that into our church collection. It just seems simpler, more equitable and a good sweetener for the deer rights.

Thanks Jinga but more good fortune than anything else, I'm friends with the Farmer through church.

Back