Recommendation for Tweed.....

TOMMY270

Hi all,

apologies if i have posted in the wrong section.

I am getting hitched early part of next year, and i am trying to source a Tweed wedding suit, "and struggling" can anyone recommend anyone?

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Tom

"HaPpY hUnTiNg"

I was trying to go for William powell (WP) tweed, but they were out of what I wanted, and ended up with Bob Parratt tweed for my wedding. It's solid stuff, but cheap enough to a)order a pair of breeks to go with it and b)drop it into somewhere to be altered to fit nicely. With the right adjustments I think it looked pretty smart. WP is probably preferable but a little more expensive, although both are better value than you'll find elsewhere.

If you aren't bored of wedding chat you can look at the photos here to see how it looks in real life. I'm the one with the big ears and no hair. Note I got away with 'action back' on the jacket!http://larkrisepictures.com/images/weddings-2/

And Tom - congratulations, make the msot of the day, it goes very very quickly!

Will

Hi Will,

Lovely pics mate, i will have a look at both.

Tell me about it, i am normally very laid back, but i've been told in no uncertain terms
"i have only the suits to sort, get it done!!"

Thanks for the response.

Tom

Hi all,

apologies if i have posted in the wrong section.

I am getting hitched early part of next year, and i am trying to source a Tweed wedding suit, "and struggling" can anyone recommend anyone?

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Tom

"HaPpY hUnTiNg"

Phew:rolleyes: for a minute I thought you wanted it for your Scotland trip in a few weeks :lol:

There is a good tweed shop in Lairg, remind me to show you where it is when you are up in a few weeks. We can all come along while they fit you out for a laugh mate :D

Hi thee, sorry to hijack but I too was looking for tweed shooting suit

is the bob parrot stuff ok ?

i also heard a place in tarland does tweed , any body know the place ? , have details ?

​ Paul

Back